Slapping woes

Not at all. This technique was taught to me by a private instructor last year. It’s pretty darn useful.

3 Likes

It’s part of how you mute with a pick, so nothing wrong with doing it for slap.

3 Likes

Is it weird to use some sort of glove for muting and protecting your fingers?

2 Likes

Is THAT what you find weird in that photo? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Is…is there something else? Socks with no shoes?

4 Likes

Scott at Scott’s Bass Lessons uses one for a neurological condition he has that cause tremors in his hands if he touches strings and a fretboard. He explains it on his site. Normal thing for him.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!! tomorrow I’ll try with this outfit and position!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I use a glove. I like it. Roundwound burn gets old. I kinda like having skin on my fingertips. I use one the cut resistant, super thin high dexterity. No loss of sensation, but i don’t shred my fingers.

Actually a very efficient idea.
When you take breaks from practicing you can wash dishes and bathe.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

It’s Flea, so we know where the third sock is.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well played!

3 Likes

Yeah. So, flea-it’s cool you crash here-but we need to go over the laundry process…

2 Likes

I recently bought the Stu Hamm funk bass course recommended by @John_E . As John says above, it’s a great extension of where @JoshFossgreen leaves off in B2B.

Interestingly, I found his lesson super easy to follow along, but had a very hard time finding my way on my Peavey milestone (a J-bass by anothr name) with mid-light Rotosound rounds.
This morning, for shits n’ giggles, I took out the Peavey Patriot, with its wider neck and heavy gauge Billy Sheehan rotosound rounds.

So does anybody else find slapping easier on a wider neck with slightly wider spacing and a heavier string set? because to me the difference was night and day. I found it so much easier to find the strings and strike them accurately. and they rang out so much better.