Smaller sized bass/guitar straps?

I have received my custom harness style strap. Adjusting it to fit is a full body workout - my torso is very short and the waist strap can’t go high enough to raise the instrument above thigh level - darn boobs are in the way, so that might not be an issue for you (not wanting to make any assumptions…lol). Anyway I’m going to have another go at it when I finish my run of nightshifts. I’ll let you know how it goes, perhaps post some pics to show how it’s designed. I can see that if/when you get it adjusted to suit, it would be very easy to use. I just need to figure out if it will work for me.

Heres what I did. I took a strap where its of the style that its two pieces of leather. A larger piece that goes over the shoulder, and a smaller piece that loops through the bottom of the larger one. The large piece has multiple slots, so it can be raised or lowered. However, like you, even the shortest length was too long. So I cut off the excess leather on the small piece, and punched a new hole. I then went a step further, and sewed the two pieces together so it wont come apart. Finally, I use strap locks to connect it to my bass. IIRC: I got it at Guitar Center. Heres some pics.

Yes zi e done that for my acoustic guitars but aim still struggling with the weight of my bass on my left shoulder. I just have to keep trying different straps. Meanwhile I’m playing sitting down an when it gets to heavy I lean back and take some of the weight on my torso. I’m sure Josh would not approve of such a posture! :joy: