So... now I've played for an audience for the first time

I was incredibly nervous in the minutes leading up to our performance. I’ve never performed in front of an audience before… But once we got going!

During the first song I was totally focused on my bass - fretting, plucking and tempo - By song number two I could start looking up at the others in the band - they have already performed several times - and they seemed to enjoy it.

By song number three or four, I started to enjoy the benefits of the many, many hours we have practiced. I could look out at the audience and I began to enjoy the whole situation.

We have another concert in about two weeks. I can hardly wait. I WANT MORE :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

36 Likes

Well done! I’m jealous. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome! Well done!

5 Likes

That is great to hear, I am getting the same opportunity in a couple of weeks and I am really nervous!!

5 Likes

That is awesome!

5 Likes

That’s awesome @Don_D. I’m utterly nervous just listening to myself play. :smiley: I hope to get to your level at some stage.

3 Likes

Awesome @Don_D .
I too am jealous

3 Likes

Way to kick ass, @Don_D! There’s no thrill like playing live with a band. So glad you had a great time. You’re hooked now, dude.

I miss the hell out of playing in a band. It was the most fun I’ve had with my clothes on. :blush:

4 Likes

Hope you get to enjoy it as much as I did :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I hear ya :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Outstanding!
Glad you had a great time.

4 Likes

Yeah, rock on :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Nice one! Well done!

I’ve only done 2 gigs in recent times since I last went on stage which was about 30 years ago, and for the 2 recent ones, I was really nervous too - but like you say, once you get going, you just get going!

I found the nervous energy actually helped once I started - it felt like I had another 20% of speed and accuracy going on!

Hope your next one is just as good!

5 Likes