So on a lighter note

Thanks Brian @TNKA36 and @Paul

There is still a bit of process. I just signed and turned in the Plea agreement on Friday the 15th.
I also signed a paper waiving my right to a speedy trial.

Prosecution (basically The USA vs. Me) has to file it, and my set trial for May 5th is cancelled. After they file it, most likely tomorrrow, or this week, there will be a new court date where I go in front of the judge and plead guilty to the lesser charges in the plea deal, which is One count of posession with intent.
Dropped from some strange language for the original charge of " knowingly selling Fentynal causing great bodily harm, and / or death" which I did not do, but they have enough evidence to show I aided and abbetted in the crime, and in Federal court (as opposed to state court) that gets the same sentance which is 20 year manditory minimum.
So coing to federal court is a death sentance for me practically.

Anyway, after I go to the court and plead guilty to posession with intent, then another court date will be set for sentancing. This date my lawyer said could be pushed back really far, or we can just get it over with, and after I get sentanced I will get a self surrender date, at which time I will get a ride to the prison I am sentanced to and go in and serve my time.

Hopefully, I will get Long Brach and be close to home, but since its Federal they can send me anywhere they want with the one exception it can not be higher then a level 2 detention center. Its not like I will go to Super Max or anything like that. I will be with all non violent offenders, lots of white collar type criminals, so if there is anything good about this whole thing, its that I wont serve HARD time

So, basically, if I pushed this as fast as I can to just get in and do my time, it will take about 4 months, or if I wanted to, I could probably push it past the holidays and start my time in Jan 2023.

The one exception is that at ANY point where I go to court, To pleas guilty, to get sentanced, or for any other hearings, there is a possibility my bond could be revoked and I could be taken into custody that day. It is highly unlikely, but I have to know its a possibility.

At sentancing, I have alot going for me that should guarantee I wont get sentanced higher then the 60 months the plea agreement asks for, but I have a lot of things that could get me a highly reduced sentance, even the minimum of 3 years probation.

My best thing is I have no record, no prior arrests, never been busted for posession, selling or buying, no DUI’s and best of all, I have no history or record of violence.

I have the Parole and Pre trial probation reports and possible recommendation for me to just have probation, as I have been out of prison, on a $65,000 bond for over a year now, with no violations and I have an exemplamentory report. I actually just got dropped to the lowest form of supervision, I now just check in online once a month between the 1st and 5th, and my PO was awesome, and he really liked me, so his teport will go far.
I was on location monitoring when I first went on bond, because I was considered a fllight risk due to the severity of the sentance my original charge carried, but after 3 months, my PO, and lication monitoring officer recommended I be taken off of lovation monitoring cuz they did not see me as a flight risk, and I never missed a check in.

Also, This incident happened on or around october 1st, 2018.
I turned myself into rehab in October 16, 2019, not knowing I was under DEA investigation for over a year, and the first time I was approached by DEA officers was in the parking lot of my rehab, where they served me a warrant to search my person, my car and seize my cell phone. They say since I never ran, and stayed in rehab for a year, that shows I am not a flight risk.
And
I should still be using a walker for my first court date, and they have all me medical records dating back to the 1980’s including multiple concussions and multiple TBI’s (Traumatic Brain Injuries) that factor in, including all on going medical issues, all prescribed medications, and my Age tgey have to factor in by law.

I am preparing for the worst, being 5 years, but all things considered, I could end up on house arrest, or 3 years probation.

Even if I get 5 years, 1 year automatically knocks off cuz of cooperation (not fighting in court), and i can do an ADAC (Alcahol and Drug Counseling) in the prison for 6 months, and that knocks off another year, so 5 years is really 3 years, and I would probably be early released up to 2 years, so a 5 year sentance is still probably1 to 2 years time served Tops.

I may be going away. But it wont be fir some time still, but I will update as things progress.

10 Likes

The law is really tough over in the states.
You wouldn’t get time here for that offence, you would get a probation period, hell you probably wouldn’t get time here if you were a repeat offender, our judges and courts are weak.

4 Likes

My buddy served 18 years and 2 months if a 22 year sentance.
Because it was a viilent crime he went to Lancaster, level 5, and was on naximum custody in maximum security. That was serious bard time. He was stabbed 3 times.
First time he was walking tge yard and a white crip shanked him.
The white and black shot callers said when the bell rings, the two will square off with no ody else getting involved. He was picked at random, and he was not in any prison gang, so he bled out for 25 min. Then best tge shit out of the other guy til they were bean bagged. Then he got 30 days in the SHU (Secure Housing Unit) basically the hole.
Next time he was talking on the phone to another one og my friends and a mexican stabbed him in the neck.
The mexican stabbed the wrong guy, that means the mexican gang cleans up their own trash, so tgey dealt with the guy that stabbed him. He still got another 30 days in tge SHU.
3rd time was a full out race riot in the yard, and everybody has to fight with their race against the other races.

After 5 years, he was cleared to go down to level 3 and finished his time at CMC in central California, close to, but not real close to San Luis Obisbo.

The point of this story is, at CMC, he got welding certificates and worked daily, AND they had access to instruments, and bot only did tgey form a punk band called “bastard sons of addiction” but they played some live concerts in the yard, AND EVEN RECORDED A CD with limited release of like 100 or something like that.

So yeah @howard, I am guessing there will be access to instruments in a level 2 or level 1 prison.
Plus I am going to Federal prison, not state prisin, and tgey are bktirious for being lretty cush compared to amy state or pruvate run prison.
Yeah, I hope to be able to play with others. Id possible, or necessary, I will donate one of my basses to tge prison just so I can play it at times.

It would be cool if they just let me bring one bass with me, but I doubt that is allowed.

7 Likes

I wish you all the best Toby. This whole things gets me worked up because we’re wasting money putting you behind bars but that treads close to Politics.

Sending you all the good vibes I got

7 Likes

I cane back and edited this so there are no misunderstandings

T-dub, you see getting the raw end. That’s clear.

6 Likes

Avoiding the discussion is probably right. I have pretty strong feelings about the US criminal “justice” system and won’t be shy with them if this party gets started, for example, and I’m sure there’s people on the other side with equally strong feelings - so best to avoid.

7 Likes

I dig your style.

5 Likes

i’m not a moderator here, but if it kicked off on either of the two Discords that I am, I would nip it in the bud pretty quickly :joy:

3 Likes

The answer is to write a song about it, that I could post

3 Likes

Don’t look for me baby,
Don’t search the lost and found

Don’t look for baby,
Don’t search the lost and found

I’m on the long train to Folsom
See I’m prison bound

All I got so far.

Maybe a song to keep it light. The love song by a prisoner from the movie Unchained. Bobby Hatfield slays it

Fun fact, his mom was in the audience. Talk about pressure

1 Like

@howard , @Koldunya , I am not trying to get politics involved in any way shape or form.
I am not asking for stmpathy or even empathy, although I appreciate all the support @Wombat-metal , @autumnsdad1990 , @TNKA36, @Paul and everybody else that has posted words of support.

If you think I am guilty if a hainous crime and deserve what time I am getting i respect your views, and put up no arguments against you.

I am really just telling you why I may dissappear at some point in this year for a long break, that I do not yet know when and how long.

I did, as I figured, get a first court date set today for May 2nd.
I figured I would get it today since I signed the Plea and my Lawyer handed it over to the prosecutors last Friday.
This court date is for me to plead guilty to the lesser charges that are in the plea ageement, not the charge that was on my inditment arrest warrant that was served at the time of my arrest at my home on April 7th of last year.

They sent in a guy saying he was maintenance at my apartment building, and said sombody crashed into my car in the parking lot.

I was sleeping around 9 am, and said “IDGAF, leave me alone”
Then they called twice and I didnt answer.
Finally they got a key from the front office and busted my door open, and I was still in bed, and saif I dont care, leave me the F alone"
But he wouldnt go away, and said, you got to come out here this guy nailed your car and he is drunk and the cops are down there to arrest him, but they need you to show proof of ownership… or some shit like that.
So I asked him to close the front door do I could change.
He wouldnt close it all the way, and was watching me the whole time (i guess to make sure I was not getting any weapons, but I dont have any, I am not a big weapon type person, no offense to anybody who is, but me becoming a fellon and losing my 2nd ammendment right dorsnt bother me one bit. I am much more concerned and ashamed with losing my right to vote, that stings. Not being able to have guns doesnt even leave a mark on me) and I knew something was a little off, but I just woke up and was not thinking really clear.
As soon as I walked out of my house and turned the corner to head to the stairs down to the oarking garage, there was a guy waiving, saying “hey I hit your car”
This is when I noticed about 3 guys behind me, and saw him and said, Oh well, shit happens (about the car), and thats when a uniformed police officer said my name, and I said yes,
He said, my full name, and said “I have a federal inditment for your arrest”
I was shocked and confused, and said, "what? Is this some kind of joke, am I being “Punked”.

But he was serious as a heart attack, and said dont move, keep your hands where I can see them, and put both hands behing your head and dont move.
He came at me like I was a crazed killer type, all cautios like, and when he got to my face he said turn around, and then he cuffed me and walked me out of the apartments with about 6 plain clothed cops and two unniform Costa Mesa PD, where I was greeted by two familiar faces, the two DEA agents that took my phone over a year before this day.
Thats when I kind of figured out what was going on, but I still didnt know the charces and what was happening or what was coming next.
They put me in the back of a ford explorer.
There is no extra room in there, and I am a big guy, and I am very clausterphobic.
I asked where are we going, Costa Mesa PD (about a 5 min drive) or Orange County Jail? (About a 15 min drive

They sid, no bud, your case is in LA, we got about a 45 min to an hour drive.
I was panicing, asking tgem, please, come on guys, at least put the cuffs on in front of me, not behind my back.
Nope
I am disabled, I got bad knees that dont bend like that, at least get me a medical transport.
Nope, get in and enjoy the ride.
At least the guy drove fast, and opened the window for me, but there were bars so I couldnt put my head out.

(I think the thing I am mist afraid of about the whole thing is times of transport where they jam you in tight places with others at times, and the claustrohobia will set off panic attacks.)

This was Federal, and I didnt really get what that was and what it meant til I got thru processing at the Twin Towers (La County Jail on one side, and U.S. Marshals on the other side. That was my side.
It didnt say jail anywhere on that side, it says PRISON.
They never read my rights, I never got a phone call, they took forever holding me in one cell with no windows or doors to another, and anotger, where at only one time dud I talk to one of tge DEA agents for about 5 minutes where he told me , we got you for this charge with a 20 year sentance, and I am tginking to myself "what is this guy smoking, wtf do you think you got on me? I got no record you never busted me, I never been busted before, how the fuck do you gigure “you got me”?

I was never questioned just told that, and he kind of hinted something if I cooperated and they can get this other guy, maybe tgey can help me, but maybe not, cuz its up to the U.S.District Attourney, etc…

I was never intertogated. The indictment is all they needed and the Feds can do whatever they want.

It is nothing like the movies or TV at all.

I was put in a cell, after dinner, but I was not hungry cuz I was starting to go into withdrawals from my prescribed Suboxone.

I didnt sleep that night, the next morning they came for me, walked me to the door out of the pod with about 4 other prisinors and made us face the wall, and chained aaround our chest with hand cuffs to the chain, and the chain went down to connect to another chain that had leg shackles on it, full lock down.
Then they marched us thru halls, and in an elevator, and other halls and other elevator, always told to face the wall anytime anybody else is in the hall, or while waiting for the elevator, and while in the elevator, then we got to an area with individual cells, about the size of a small bathroom, with a video monotor on the other side of the glass.

We were locked in individual rooms, with a tiny uncomfortable stool bolted to the cement, snd they still left us fully shackled.

It was like a visiting type set up, but it was video court.
About 20 min before I saw the judge, a public defender appeared on the screen, and explained that she was temporary conncil, I will be appointed permenant public defender wnen I get back to Orange County where my case is.
I asked, why the trip to LA if my case is in Orange County?
She said tge DEA only has offices and holding cells in LA along with the FBI, ATF, and U.S.Marshalls.
She said this case is a big deal, and asked if I understood what was going on.

I said, not really, I mean I met those two DEA officers when they served a warrant to search me and seize my phone about a year and 3 months ago, or so.

She said, oh really, you knew about the investigation, I said I found out about it wnen they showed up at my rehab and took my phone, but never heard anything for over a year.
She said thats good (I didnt know why at the time)
She asked if I had any questions, and I said yeah i have been here over 24 hours now and I have not been given even a phone call, and I am prescribed medications that I need or will go into severe withdrawals, etc… (i never got my meds tge whole 5 days I was in there, so I was miserable, but Suboxone withdrawals dont get really bad til about 7-10 days, so I was just miserable, not in complete agony)

She said, would you like me to call anybody for you , and I said yeah, my parents (one of the only numbers I know without having my phone) and my mom answered and I said Mom, and she said, thank god, where the hell are you"
I said"remember last Janurary when I told you I might be in some triuble with the DEA and they took my phone (that I never got back)
She says yeah…
I said well, guess what, I am in trouble, I am in prison in LA county, and I need to get the hell out of here, so of the judge grants me bail, can you please get me out of here.
My mom was hesitant, and said it depends how much, they cant put up s huge deposit.

The Public defender said, you knew you might be in trouble last Janurary, I said yeah, and she said, thats good again, I still couldnt figure out why tgat was good at the time.

Fortunately Federal bonds dont take cash deposits, you just have to sigh for it, and yes, If I fled or fail to make my court appearances, they would have to pay the bond in full.

The lawyer had a private conversation with my parents for a few minutes and then the judge came on.
She was really mean, almost like Judge Judy, but a for real judge, this was no tv show.
She said the charges, and asked if I had been explained them and understood them.
I replied I understand enough to plead not guilty.
So she said, ok you will have a jury trial on June 2nd (right to speedy trial and all. You want that if you are locked up. You dont if you are out on bond.)

The judge said, I am not sure I will grant you a bond due to you being a flight risk, because of the serious 20 year manditory minimum sentance you are facing.
Thats where the lawyer showed ne why she said good before.
She said, the defendant knew about the investigation for about 14-15 months and has not tried to hide or leave and he has medical issues, so he is not a flight risk, and I have talked to his parents and they are willing to sign a $50,000 bond for his release.
The judge said, your parents must bot have much confidence in you.
The Lawyer said no, his mom is almost 80 and his dad is almost 90, they are retired and live in a set income.
So she said, ok, I set your bond at $65,000, and you better make all your court dates or you will put your parents in a very serious position.
I said, I understand.
She said ok, you can bond out to a residental alcohol and drug rehab, and you cant do any drugs, you cant drink, and you cant even smoke legal marijuna or any hemp products of any kind.
I said, thats fine your honor, I am sober for about a year and a half, I dont drink or do drugs, only prescribed Suboxone.
She said, and no weed
I said, your honor, I hate weed, I wouldnt smoke it if you told me I had to.
She smerked and said fine, but no drugs or alcohol and no weed.

I get it your honor.

And that was that.
I was marched back the way we came, once inside the pod I was un shackled, and returned to my cell, where I remained gor 5 days.
It was Tuesday morning I was at court. I was able to call my dad on Wed, and he said they signed the bond, and are foing everything they can to get me out.
It turned 5pm on Friday, and I thought FUCK, I am gonna be here all weekend.
About 15 min later
“Wood, Roll it up”
I was like WTF, oh, thank god.
It took about an hour to get processed out and finally get a phone call, I called my mom and said I am out, How am I getting home. She said, Johnny is there waiting for you to get out.
I said Perfect.
I got my phone and clothes back, was marched out the front doors, called Johnny, he pulled up a min later.
I got in his truck and he was like, WTF was that all about.
I said I will tell you in a minute, you hot a subixone on you.
He said, of course, I got your back.
He gave me a strip and I put it under my tongue, and just like that in less then 5 min, good as new. No more withdrawals.

Anyway, while I was in there gor 5 days…

My cellie was real interested in what my charge was, as were the orderlys and other prisinors I could see from my cell which was abiut 3 or 4.
Apparently once you get put in General Population, they want to know your charges, especially your own race wants to know your charge, so my cellie, another Wood (white guy my last name just happens to be wood, so I will never be mistaken for anything else, and that is not a pride thing, its just the way it is in proson).
Mostly they dont care what you did unless you do bad things to old people or children, and now they are going after guys in for domestic violence, which is fine with me, but it makes no sense a rapist is ok, but a guy that beats his wife is not.
IMHO, neither is ok, but idk why one is ok in prison and the other is not.

Anyway, if you have charges like that, and you are in general population, you will be dealt with, and yes i mean killed, ar attempted to be killed.
And it will come from a lifer of your own race. Its how each race shows the other races that they know how to clean up their own messes.
Sorry, that is politics, but it is prison pilitics, and its not very democratic, they dont have voting booths to control the general population.

Now, when I was in LA prison, for a total of 5 days, I was in with guys from level 4 and level 5 prisons, and guys looking at life sentances.
Thats cuz my origonal charge was practically a life sentance.
I was shown those politics really quickly.
The guard threw me in a cell with a mexican guy. He was cool, and friendly, but within minutes, the Mexican shot caller was at our cell yelling at him in spanish about not letting a wood in a cell with him, and they better fix the problem immediatly.
He told me what they said, I said how do we fix it, and he said, there is a Wood next store alone, I said, Ok, easy peasy.
I adked the orderly to get a guard, and I talked to the mexican shot caller and said, no disrespect intended, it was a long day and I didnt really know what was going on, but I am gonna talk to the guard as soon as the orderly gets here.
He said, ok, and its not as much my problem, but his guy should gave yelled at the guard and put up a fight to not let me in with him
So he didnt have so much of a problem with me, its him keeping his race in line.

I am not racist at sll, and it somewhat sickens me the way prisons are, but thats how they are and nobody in there cares if you dont like it, and nobody cares if you die either.

Fortunately, With my lawyer and my plea agreement, I will not be in a prison higher then level 2, and will be with all non violent offenders, so I wont have to deal with it so often, only if / when I am transported, or required back in LA county court WHILE i am in custody, will I ever have issues like that. I could be sentanced anywhere in the US too, but hopefully my Lawyer gets me to Terminal Island in Long Beach. Close to home so friends and family dont have a long drive to visit

The guard came within Minutes and said whats up, and I yelled thru the glass in the door, You got to house me with another Wood, isnt there one next door with a spare bed.
The guard said, yeah, ok, roll up your shit (i didnt have more then a couple bag of lunches I didnt eat, and sheets and blanket (no pillow) and he moved me next door.

My cellie was cool, but he pretty much hit me up immediatly, whats your charge?
I said, Idk its worded kind of weird, but something about knowingly selling Fentynal tesullting in great bodily harm, and / or Death.
He said, let me see your papers.
I showed him, he read it, and instantly became friendly.
Fentynal huh I am not much of a heroin guy, I am more into meth and coke, i never done fentynal.
He saw I was in pain, and was withdrawing, and said"you are not gonna be able to make it up to the top bunk are you.
I told him my knees were shot, I needed them both replaced (which I now have) but I said I will try my best if I have to.
He said, no, I got your back, and moved his shit to the top bunk.
I started to make the bottom bunk with the sandpaper sheets they gave me, and he said, you never been locked up before huh?
I said no, so he said, ok, I am gonna show you this once, and I will show you things once, but thats it, I aint gonna carry your weight.
I said, thats fine, and thanks.
So he showed me how to tear the strips off the ends of the sheet, and use them to tie your sheet under the mattress so it diesnt come off.
Then he ripped strips off of his blanket and mine, and strung one across the bar of the top bunk and one across the ceiling.
It was to hang a blanket over either of our beds in case one of us wanted to take a crap, it would give us a little more privacy.
He was cool, he had spent at least 20 years locked up and was in his mid 40’s.
Not a guy I would want to fuck with, but a great guy to have your back.

I really hope my lower level yards are not so crazy, and not 47 hours and 20 min in a cell, out of every 48 hours.
In LA, we got out of the cell every other day fir 20 min, 2 times in one day.
Once to shower, once to make phone calls.
I could not do 5 years like that, and I am assured that my detention center wont be anything like that, and I could end up at a work camp, where you can leave for the day if you have a job or school and come back each night by a certain cerfew.
So I think I have seen the worst Of it already, and it should not be that bad for me when I serve time.

I will also say, that while on bond, I have been treated especially well, and I have been given the best lawyer I could have got in this situation. I only would get better if I paid, but it would be $35,000 to $50,000 for a lawyer who could do better, and the only thing that may have been better at this point is I may have been given a slightly better plea deal, but I dont have that money on hand, and have been on disability fora long time, so I got the best I could without having to pay out of pocket.
And if I had tried to pay for a cheaper lawyer, I certainly could have gotten worse, and actually paid for a lesser lawyer with worse results, so I am satisfied, and as far as that part goes, I have been done right by the Federal Government.

All things aside, Yes, I find this case a bit rediculous, and very extreme, even for the US Federal system, but they are making an example of me and a few others that were all arrested on or around when I was, for the same things, done on or around around the same time (2018) and we were all in the same newspaper article showing how the US will not tolerrate these typs of drugs coming from across the border. Yeah, locking me up stops that problem (thats the rediculous part, and if you disagree, its ok), but whatever

Yes, its a bit lopsided justice if you ask me, but I also see the other side.
A person OD’d and died. Even if I sold him drugs is it my fault he took them and died? Maybe?

My daughter bought drugs, and OD’d multiple times. Do I think its the person that sold the drugs responsibility. I do not, I put full tesponsibility on my daughter, BUT she is alive, and I am lucky as hell to have her alive.
If she died, would that change my mind? Would I want somebody in jail because of it?
Honestly I dont know, and I am glad I dont have to find out.
Will me serving time bring peace to the family of somebody that died, who bought drugs from my supplier and OD’d idk, but me serving time its gonna happen, so if nothing else, I hope it brings peace or closure or whatever the family is looking for.

Again, not a political debate, or discussion, just a fact.

If the DEA never got involved, and this was only a state charge, I would get time served for the year I have already been on Pre Trial probation, and then just get it kicked out of court.
But
Since the DEA spent over a year watching me do nothing, racking up man hours like crazy, probably soending over a few hundred grand of man hours, to find nothing on me they had to do something or they get egg in their face.

6 Likes

Not sure if that’s the message you got from my response, so let me be very clear that I was not saying that at all. What I was trying to say is I have a lot of problems with the way the US handles criminal justice by somehow feeling the need to criminalize and lock up close to 1% of its population, and won’t be shy about sharing those opinions if some kind of political discussion were to start about it, and I am sure there are people with opinions opposite of mine that would be the same. So it’s best to just not open that can of worms and keep politics out of it.

I don’t think anyone thought you were trying to do that, there had just been a number of people that mentioned not wanting to get political in the discussion, and I was reinforcing that.

3 Likes

No, not at all @howard, Not one bit.

I am just saying, everybody has their own views and everybody is entitled to their views.
I was not speaking to you or your comments at all. Just in general.

There are 2 sides, and I dont mind if anybody is on the other side, thats all.

Sorry That I did not make that clear and tgat you may have thought I eas calling you out.

In fact I am not calling anybody out.
I am just saying tgere us no ill will from me no matter what your opinion is.

I agree, this thread should not get political.
I am just updating my situation in real time. Like tgat today I got a new court date and it changed from s jury trial to a plea hearing on May2nd.

6 Likes

I just think the systems messed up, you don’t deserve this. That’s all

5 Likes

Thanks for that.

4 Likes

Yeah, i still feel like youre getting hung out to improve someones conviction stats so they can pad their upcoming plan for elected office.
Just an opinion, but it’s an opinion that history validates.

Making this political is the easy way. Seems like you’ve already accepted that you bear some responsibility. As for how much? Let’s say i disagree with their summation-unfortunately my opinion won’t help there.

See, i still think you are bearing the weight of another person’s decision. Youve owned that you had a role in it, but we all make our own decisions.

And i don’t think I’m the only one here who’s ever done something they regret being involved with.

The situation stinks. You’re owning your part of it. There’s not more that should be expected.
This is where i get dangerously close to being political. Once you pay your debt, you are square with the house. The deprivation of your liberty is the cost, you’ll have to pay that. I just hate that you get held down UNDER the zero mark AFTER the debt gets paid. I’ll shut up about that now, but it needed said.

I’m pulling for you, brother. Hold your head up. You took responsibility and owned your shit. Lots of folks never hit that mark.

4 Likes

Thanks for the support, much appreciated.

5 Likes

naw, nothing like that, we know :slight_smile: we were talking about if people got into discussing/debating/screaming about the state of our prison/justice system, the politics behind it, etc. you’re absolutely fine XD

2 Likes

@T_dub you’ve accepted your fate and role in all of this but what bugs me the most is how they didn’t read you your rights when they actually arrested you. I sure hope you mentioned that to your attorney. It’s good that you’re not going to Marion or Florence, but honestly, the judge should take your medical condition into consideration on sentencing, especially since it’s a “white collar crime”. I have a serious problem with people who have health issues like you getting sentenced to even a level 2 prison.

4 Likes

I worked on a Narcotics Task force during the mid and late 80’s when crack and meth were just starting to make an appearance in Alabama. TV is wrong about Miranda rights. If they have an airtight case and have no intention to interrogate you, they do not have to read you your rights. He said they did not interrogate him, therefore, they did not read his rights to him. I am probably one of few people that had a live grenade thrown at them while on duty and walked away hurt, but alive. It happened April 10, 1988. One of the reasons I resigned as a law enforcement officer and got into the automotive retail business. I wanted to see my kids grown up.

5 Likes