Software to slow tempo of music from Spotify

Hey yall, is there software to purchase to slow down songs so I can practice them in the same fashion as the slow, medium, and fast workouts in the course? I have very little, if any, music that is mp3…most of what I listen to is from youtube or spotify.

3 Likes

If you’re listening to YouTube, you can easily slow down the music. On the video you are watching, just go down to the bottom right and click on the little gear icon (“settings”). From there click on “speed” and adjust it to a lower than normal setting: 0.25, 0.5, or 0.75.

HTH :slight_smile:

All best, Joe

8 Likes

Yes! This!
I feel like YouTube had us musicians in mind when they did this.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to do anything like that with Spotify… YT has built-in tools for that like @Jazzbass19 said, so that’s probably the easiest route.

BUT if you want more control over exact speed, plus being able to make loops, mark different sections, EQ the track, etc., I really like a cheap (~$40) program called Transcribe!. (Yes, the exclamation mark is part of the title) Here’s an old video I did about it -

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys…really helps.

5 Likes

There is also a good freeware app called Audacity that will let you slow the tempo of selections or the whole piece. Josh’s Transcribe! is probably better, but free is is $40 cheaper than paying $40. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Bonus for Audacity - if you don’t have a way to record yourself, it’s a decent way to record as well. It has some nifty features also - I would use it to take one long recording of a gig or a rehearsal, and Audacity has this great feature that let me break it into tracks and export individual MP3s - something I couldn’t do in Garage Band or Logic. … I realize this has nothing to do with slowing down tempos.
…but had to add it.

7 Likes

After a few hours of research, I have just found an iOS app that does that: lets you import from Spotify and slow down any song. The thing is called SlowRider: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/martys-slow-rider-music-player/id1447710324 and it claims it’s been “developed by one of YouTube’s most popular guitar instructors, Marty Schwartz”. By the way, I’m not affiliated in any way with the app’s developer/owner.

5 Likes

Wow this looks like an awesome little program! Thanks for making a demo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jenny20 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum.
When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

You can check out this forum thread.
The first, fifth, and sixth posts contain browser add-ons/extensions for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari browsers that can slow down videos on any website.

2 Likes

If you listen to music too fast on youtube, you can reduce the speed by 0.25, 0.5 or 0.75. the music will be slow

1 Like

If you use iOS, “Amazing Slow Downer” is truly amazing. It’s $5 or $15 for mobile- I can’t remember. Make sure not to buy it on desktop, it’s $40 and it’s supposedly not as good as the mobile one!
Anyway, you can get music in directly from Apple Music, Spotify, or a file and change the speed 1% at a time and you can also change the pitch if the song was imported from Spotify (Apple Music doesn’t allow pitch changing of music from their platform).
Anyway, it’s great! Highly recommend.

1 Like