Some muting advice (agree or disagree?)

I do, but am completely unable to operate it

2 Likes

Ok I’ve warned not to reply as I’ve replied to you three times. I must give others a chance to get involved.
I can talk you through it, might need to be a private message though. it’s 23:45 in Scotland. Is it ok for time your side?
@Bassbot stop picking on me, your making me the bad boy of bass buzz AGAIN
@JoshFossgreen
@PamPurrs Pam who are the good tech folk on the forum, perhaps you could link them in

Bassbot’s message to me
Encourage everyone to get involved in the conversation

You’ve replied 3 times to @enkhiel in this particular topic!

A great discussion involves many voices and perspectives. Can you get anybody else involved?

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @Bassbot display help.

1 Like

@terb @howard @eric.kiser @JoshFossgreen are the techiest people I can think of

4 Likes

This sounds like a forum issue, so it would be @Chris I think?

But Jaime I would just ignore that.

4 Likes

I am out of my depth on the technical side of working with the electronics. @Jamietashi If your willing and able to help, I think you’re safe ignoring those messages.

Also, for some of the longer threads, that all of us post in, you will get those messages regularly. I do and I just ignore them.

3 Likes

I am warning you to keep replying, it is vital to the outcome of the problem in this thread!!
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Alright chief, get me through this. I just need to get a fresh 9V and am ready to go.

2 Likes

I’m here, when you have the battery. I’m at the bench and will watch for you every half hour. I have a bass on hand.

3 Likes

You mad lad! I got to work until 4:30 and then try to get new glasses :slight_smile: But I should be there at 8pm CEST/UTC+2

3 Likes

That should be 10pm 22h00 GMT in Scotland. See you then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You sure? I thought Scotland is 1 hour behind Germany not 2 hours ahead :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I would trust your time, so would that be 7pm in Scotland? I’ll set an alarm :slight_smile:
I’ve never had to look at time zones. I just googled :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Germany is in CEST+2 timezone and scotland in CEST+1 (actually CEST+1 and 0, but Daylight Savings Time adds another hour - really excited about the plans of the EU to get rid of that).
So enkhiel is right - 8pm CEST+2 (Germany) is 7pm CEST+1 (Scotland)

Timezones are the worst if one has to program stuff with it.

3 Likes

Especially around DST

2 Likes

Julior thank you. We are now meeting at 8pm Scotland time an hour later due to other commitments :slight_smile:
I let @enkhiel due the calculations.
I hope you had a good day at work, now you can get back to Bass :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

1 Like

Ahahahaha…
I get why one would assume me posting here means I’m not at work anymore.

Programmer -> Half time work & home office. I could basically do whatever as long as I deliver my work as I should.

Also I currently can’t reproduce the error I should be fixing and it’s keeping us from the next release and sigh. After a call with our tester it seems likely that it was an infrastructure error and had nothing to do with my code so after trying to reprdocue an error for half a day the solution was: doing nothing/not my problem. Time for lunch break :wink:

2 Likes

My wife is also working from home and I’m banished to the workshop :slight_smile: :slight_smile: due to the confidentiality :sunglasses: Please dont fret for me though. My 50m2 workshop is inside the house with a view of our rescue hens.
@juli0r

1 Like

Jona Lewie - You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties - YouTube @enkhiel You might have a new song, to learn if this is where it all works. :guitar: :slightly_smiling_face:
Well @juli0r after all the calculations on time zones we hooked up in between times.
We moved amps from basement to upstairs then into the kitchen (hence the above song.) and back again. I say we, I should say @enkhiel in Germany, my bum was sitting in Scotland. Thanks for all the input. @PamPurrs @T_dub @eric.kiser @howard @JoshFossgreen and special guest @Bassbot

4 Likes

Yeah Jamie, good summary! :smiley:
And again much appreciation in your time investment!

Even though in the end we couldnt actually figure out the real issue. After all those tests I just replugged everything as before and now the neck pickup is silent as a sleepy bear and the bridge pickup has a slight buzz but no pop sound when touching the magnet.

Nevertheless Jamie advised to get some pickup covers just to be sure I cant even touch the magnets. I am jsut a bit afraid this could mute the sound or distort it? or do those plastic covers cause no interference between pickup and string?

Cheers

4 Likes