Song 1 - "Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd

Another good one @Ant !
:+1:

Hi everyone,
Since I was told to cross posting my first ever cover in the appropriate #50-songs-challenge thread …
Here it is :

As i mentioned previously, I’m quite nervous taking video of myself but it’s really rewarding as a learning process. Now for some technical aspects :

• Bass is recorded on Linux (Fedora) with a Spark Mini amp (an overpriced gadget with good features … still overpriced though)
  • I wrote the play-along tab with musescore, then run the playback and capture my screen. Then import and edit the resulting video in Flowblade (a non-linear video editor)
  • Finally, last thing I wanted to share is scrcpy :
    a little app that works with Linux (and as far as I know, windows too) that lets you remotely control an android device. It makes things a lot easier to hit the video record button as I prepare myself to play.

Audio file only :

Musescore Tab :
musescore zip archive

6 Likes

Nice work @mediaklan !
:+1:

2 Likes

Excellent job! And I like the play along score - very cool…

3 Likes

@mediaklan nicely done.

2 Likes

Can I have some pudding?

Played with Jino Jazz Bass (Drop D Tuning)
H Pickup isolated

Plugged into Darkglass Microtubes 500v2 then XLR Out to Volt 276. Volt using GTR Comp setting + Vintage. Recorded with Garageband and OBS. Finished with iMovie.

Thanks for checking it out!

7 Likes

“If you don’t eat your pizza , you can’t have any pudding”

3 Likes

Well done all around, perfect groove, tone and mix great.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch @John_E :smiley:

1 Like

My first ever attempt to record video and audio. Started the Bassbuzz journey yesterday, so I hope it will get better. :slight_smile: Another Brick In The Wall part 2 bass cover Bassbuzz 50 song challenge - YouTube

5 Likes

This was stellar @Johnnyb

Well done.

4 Likes

That sounded mint -Top work :tangerine: :tangerine: :tangerine:

3 Likes

Great first cover JohnnyB. Congrats.

2 Likes

I hereby officially begin my 50 song challenge :smiley:.

I’ve never liked this song. The video gave me nightmares when I was little - maybe the nihilistic terror of a totalitarian dystopia - but it’s number one on the list so I’d better get it over with…

I read somewhere that Roger Waters used a P-bass stright into the amp so that’s how I went…

Next up - CCW :+1: :smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Well done, nailed it.

I really wanted to like Floyd but was never able to. I can appreciate them for sure but I’m usually not reaching for them.

4 Likes

Fantastic and welcome to the challenge @Ed

4 Likes

Great job @Ed ! One down, forty-nine to go.

3 Likes

Yeah I like Dark side of the moon and Wish you were here but I just can’t get into anything else. Maybe I should just take more drugs…

4 Likes

Thanking you kindly @John_E ! Good to be aboard the good ship 50 songs :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @JerryP ! I’m quite looking forward to the next few :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes