Song 12 - "All Star" by Smashmouth

So this was one of those times when I just couldn’t seem to play it right while recording… but it’s enough already. I’ve really come to dislike this song that I kind of liked when it was just a kind of cheesy song out in the IMG_0192 on Vimeo

5 Likes

Pretty good overall, I don’t hear a lot of wrong until the end.
Maybe your interest in the tune wore out by then, lol.
A bunch of folks didn’t dig this one, esp if they had kids that were into Shrek.

Keep pluckin!

1 Like

Ha, thanks John! Yeah, everything about it got more doing the song went on

Good one.
I have just done this module so I’ll have to look at it in the 50 songs

1 Like

So the awesomeness wore off? :slight_smile: Nice job getting through this one. Like that tele in the background.

1 Like

Yeah… somehow all the cheesiness that most smart people are bothered by right away took a while to seep in and bother me.

This one took a couple dozen takes to get it where I liked it enough to call it done. :laughing: That transitional measure starting Verse 3 kept getting me…

Played with Flea Jazz Bass
Neck Volume 50% - Tone 60%
Bridge Volume 100% - Tone 100%

Darkglass 500v2 amp
Compression 50%
MicroTubes ON
Tone 75%

XLR out into Volt 276 interface
Compression OFF
Vintage OFF
Gain 50%

Original Bass removed with Moises.ai. Audio recorded and mixed with GarageBand. Video recorded with OBS. Finished in iMovie.

Thanks for watching!

3 Likes

I am not allowed by my wife to play this anymore, so this have to be good enough. :slight_smile: Hope you like it and give me feedback on what I can do better. Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow what tone!!! Are you removing the original bass? Because this sound insanely perfect! (That’s a compliment).

Ya this one grates on others in the house for sure lol

2 Likes

Thank you so much @John_E had to go for a pick on the Yamaha on this one. Use the bassless version, think I got the tone quite good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time to move on before I start hating the song, so this take will have to do.

4 Likes

Great job, nice tone!

1 Like

Awesome cover dude!

1 Like

Very good @myheadsmt91 looks like you still love it more than you hate it. + for “moving around” (dancing).