Artist: The Strokes
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErARct3y7MU

Spotify link

3 Likes

Hey I can’t believe I’m posting before @BigAl! :laughing:

https://youtu.be/ihosVveLGoc

13 Likes

That was great. I’m chipping away at this one. I had not heard the song before and at first I thought it was really fast, but it’s slowly starting to feel achievable!

1 Like

This song was little difficult for me I got nerve damage on my fretting hand. So it’s difficult to play in Higher(upper)register. Used my Vox star streamer Short scale . Only paid 450.00 for it with quality parts and sound good to me.
Never have I heard this song before but cool tune. I have heard of the Strokes.

Alone Together/ The Strokes

11 Likes

Nice jobs @BigAl. Funky looking bass!

1 Like

Yea never heard of it before either. Cool tune. For me it felt like it slowed down the more I played it.

2 Likes

@RuknRole, The early bird gets the worm. Back to work, beat by end of day.

1 Like

@RuknRole got a great price . Would have never paid what they were asking. Aguliar pickups, 18vAguilar OBP 2 preamp, some goth tuners and bridge. Actually fit perfectly to my body when playing. Saw the one humbucker with ebony fretboard on Reverb today. There asking 550. Or something like that. Regular price is something like 1500.00 bucks. Way to much. Come in about 6.5 Lbs. Light.

1 Like

Nice work @RuknRole and @BigAl both sounded right on the money.

Vox star streamer - it say’s it’s an Alder body but are the ‘wings’ alder as well or a composite? Looks an interesting bass.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s me, but as a beginner this felt like a big step up from the first 12 songs. I had to put a decent amount of homework in, to even get somewhat close to this song.
However, I enjoyed the vegetables once again.
Fender P Bass > ZoomB1 (#16 - MM Clean) > Focusrite > Garage Band

Cheers Amigos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io85DMz54YE

9 Likes

@Barney ,The wings are made of heavy duty plastic. That’s what it feels to me.

1 Like

You guys @Barney @RuknRole sounded good. Nice tone. It all sounded good to me. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Good job @Barney!

Nice job. Yeah, really interesting looking bass and nice tone too. Looks like you got yourself a deal!

1 Like

Yep, I’d agree with this. I’ve slowed it down, but not sure I’ll get to the right speed and still have it sounding sort of clean. I like the tune though, so I’ll keep plugging away. You did a great job on it. Thanks for the info on how you recorded it too.

That was out of sight great @RuknRole!

I have not started this one.
I really dislike this song, and that part of the fretboard.
This one will be like pulling teeth here.

2 Likes

Out of sight great #2 for this song, great job @BigAl !!

Yikes, I am nervous now.

1 Like

Vox makes some seriously interesting basses, I wish they made more variety these days.
So cool.

1 Like

Crap that was good @Barney, great outta sight #3, fantastic.

I hate this song evern more listening to it 3x in a row, ugh.

2 Likes

There is a live version that is MUCH slower you could use.

1 Like