Song 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Nice job @Gigio ,
Couple times you appear to be early, and your tone changes between your picking fingers, this will get more consistent over time and practice.
Good to see you putting yourself out there, that’s how we all learn, by sharing our progress,
Keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Nice job @Gigio ! Nice relaxed playing style…

3 Likes

Great improvement @Gigio !
Some minor timing blips as pointed out but overall great job, keep them coming!

3 Likes

Great job! And very cool :sunglasses:!

3 Likes

Good job @Gigio!

3 Likes

Great job @Gigio ! Keep practicing and put out more covers when you can.
:+1:

4 Likes

Good work. Nice relaxed playing.
Just looks like you need to mirror your video to show you playing your normal right handed bass.
Unless I got it wrong and your shirt is just backwards writing, along with the fender logo.

Otherwise, very good job overall, you are progressing nicely

3 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 !!

2 Likes

Thanks!! @skydvr

2 Likes

Thanks @John_E !!

2 Likes

Thanks @Regina !!

2 Likes

Thanks @T_dub !! Next time I’ll mirror the video :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally got around to recording this! A little rushing in the beginning but I think I fix it eventually. Critique more than welcome! This song is a pinky burner.

@PamPurrs auto sync with Davinci Resolve is life changing. Thanks for the tip I stumbled across in some other thread. So much better than the trial and error I was using before with the default Video Editor app :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKawZMXHFL8&ab_channel=DDemonLlama

I edited the tab Josh made for us by adding lyrics to help myself orient myself. It took a lot longer than I’d like to admit. Thought I’d share it for other folks if they find it helpful. If this is some NoteFlight violation, I apologize in advance!

7 Likes

Great playing @RoyB…. Yea, you were rushing it a bit consistently throughout. You hit every note nice and clear though!:+1: Even the ones with your pinky!!:smiley:

The one thing that I would suggest (and it will help with your timing) is to never rely on lyrics to base your note timing, or where you’re at to play bass by - only use the beat of the drums. When you train your ears to hear the drums, you will be able to lock in and be in time. Just my 2cents…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny (Griff)

5 Likes

You’re welcome @Ed I’m glad I could help.

Your cover sounds good. Nice tone throughout, with a few minor timing issues. Overall a very nice effort.

4 Likes

Great job @RoyB ! As mentioned, a few timing issues but overall a good performance! Take heed of Lanny’s (@Lanny ) advice about following the drums, not every song will have a vocalist.
:+1:

4 Likes

Nice finger work on both hands @RoyB ,
Nice tone in the mix, couple small things to work on tempo wise, but all in all well done,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Good job @RoyB
As others have said, timing.

Have a listen back to it and clap along to the beat, you will find that your bass comes in before the clap quite a bit.
This is called “rushing the beat”.
It’s also called “crap I just finally memorized this whole song and want to play it before I forget anything” :upside_down_face:
Congrats, this is perfectly normal and will improve with practice.

You are on your way, keep going!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great feedback, folks. I’ll play closer attention to the timing for my next one!

The one thing that I would suggest (and it will help with your timing) is to never rely on lyrics to base your note timing, or where you’re at to play bass by - only use the beat of the drums.

This is certainly something I need to practice. Thanks for the call out.

2 Likes

If you’re playing jazz follow the snare, everything else follow the bass drum.

3 Likes