Song 2 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

@JT its a bit different on the ultimate tab its a bit of a pinky workout between the 5th on a string and e but im not bad with that its the fills that throw me and they change also on my tab…It was the way I was approaching it as well was all wrong not doing it in sections etc because id got the main riff down was trying to do full song and learn riffs that way it was wearing me out and I was getting tired and frustrated lol silly really. Also not to go on but the ultimate tab is on phone and I couldnt see which fill was coming and I was getting it wrong so i needed to print it out just a lot of little things… Thankyou for your help and encouragement though.

4 Likes

Do you not want to use Josh’s version?

3 Likes

Well I thought this would work out easier as it plays the music and goes through tab but I dont think it is working out easier.

3 Likes

Have you purchased the B2B course? If so, you can have that functionality on this site as well.

3 Likes

Yes I need to try it out and be on same page as everyone else I think.

3 Likes

If you have the course, go here and there is a play along to all the first 50 songs.

4 Likes

Also, if you hop on Discord, we have backing tracks and other things to help out.

We have a channel on that just for this challenge.

4 Likes

Righty oh thanks @JT

4 Likes

If you are struggling with it let me know, but it isn’t bad. You can adjust the speed in playback there and there are different views as well.

There are two things I wish it had. One, play-along to the actual track instead of synths and two, an option to repeat a section over and over.

3 Likes

You print out the tab dont you I think I remember you saying

3 Likes

I do a mix of things. I usually do something like this:

1. I use the playback on this site until I have a pretty decent understanding of the song and how it flows. Starting on a slower speed and working my way up to normal tempo.

2. Then, I print out the tabs and play along to them while listening to the actual song. Probably move to this stage when I have the song about 80% fine playing through on the site play-along.

3. I try to look at the tabs less and less and focus on other aspects of my playing, while still playing along to the actual song

4. I record the song with a backing track with the bass removed

And of course, I also listen to the actual track without playing when I can so it sinks into my head more. The more familiar you are with the song, the easier it is to learn the song.

Note: Different things work better for different people. This is just my method.

4 Likes

Man the tab is so much easier on the b2b site…

3 Likes

I think that’s because Josh and Gio put it together for us learners. They also rated the difficulty and that’s what helped with the order of the challenge.

3 Likes

Taking a break from practicing… Anybody know where the bathroom is? :rofl:

4 Likes

I think it’s on the right . . . :thinking:

4 Likes

Your right or my right?

3 Likes

Jokers to the left of me

5 Likes

Cool, thanks! Need to find it… It’s bound to take all night :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hopefully your family isn’t going to hear the voice of rage and ruin coming from your bathroom

5 Likes

A little late to the party. Does anyone know how I can print the tabs from the 50 first songs pack?

3 Likes