Nice job @JT,
Nice tone from the new bass,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice Job @enkhiel,
You have nice tone with the flats on the Yammy,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Good job, love the bass, I thought the tone was great.

3 Likes

Good job, very well played. I prefer the sound of the rounds a little better, but your bass tone and playing were very good.

4 Likes

Superb performances @Reo, @JT, & @enkhiel! Each of them worthy of the Challenge!
:+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Hi All,

Here is my take on Crazy. I’m not super happy with the tone but it was a fun song to play.

I can’t wait to watch everyone else’s takes!

18 Likes

Really well done! I noticed you added a bit of flare on some of the transitions and the end. :slight_smile:

I like the tone. It’s very thumpy, which kinda matches this genre.

I didn’t notice you looking at tab unless it was cleverly hidden. Memorized? If so, well done on that. I didn’t memorize this one, but I believe memorization helps you focus on other elements of your playing.

5 Likes

Nice job @TK-421,
I liked the tone, and i liked your little slide at 1.39,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Very well done @TK-421! Like your innovations to the score.
:+1:

4 Likes

Good job @TK-421

5 Likes

I am super happy with it @TK-421.
That is some great thump!
You did a great job man.

6 Likes

Nice job @TK-421! Way to make it your own…

6 Likes

Finally got around to recording this. First time attempting a DI Audio plus Video mix. Windows Movie Maker is not very user friendly…
Played with Pick on (customized) Glarry GP with Half Rounds (D’Addario). Debated with the idea of doing a version with fingers, but I’m moving on.
https://youtu.be/eq8IdKzIdys

14 Likes

Nice job @Anderson.
A couple of timing issues (I think when you looked away a couple times) but you recovered nicely each time. Pick use throws my timing off a bit so maybe a bit of that too? Not sure how much you play with a pick.
Picking overall sounded good, better than I can attempt for sure.

5 Likes

Nice job @Anderson. As far as Movie Maker goes, have you tried OBS?

4 Likes

Hi @Anderson,
good job with the pick, a couple small timing issues or it could have been the synching that was out??
Either way, its all good practice,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Good job on this. One thing to make sure you are aware of, but will go away if you know about it and want it to, are how far your non-playing fingers on your left hand move away from the fretboard when you aren’t using them. This is better known as “flying fingers” and something we pretty much all suffer from when starting out. I still have an issue with my pinky and this.

Great job on the video editing. You seem to have synced the audio and video very well and I know that can be a pain to do the first time around. Took me about 7 hours to do the video editing the first time. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to more from you and seeing your progression.

4 Likes

Don’t really practice with pick too much, although it’s my preferred sound. Hand was actually going numb during this take (best of 3 that I made it all the way through). I probably need to hold it more relaxed. Kept hearing @JoshFossgreen reminding me to Breathe in my head :joy:
And yeah, in general I found myself out of timing/tempo, and used parts of the song to get back into it.

4 Likes

Gonna need to give it a look. The other thing I could try is to add the backing track to Studio One and sync both sound tracks before merging with video. Definitely gonna look at options. Had to look up how to add 2 audio tracks in Movie Maker and use the narrator track.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, flying fingers are definitely a problem with me. Syncing the audio/video was easier than expected as it let me make micro adjustments (took me a while to figurar out as I kept trying to drag and drop into place). For the backing track, I lined up the sound wave from the first 4 beats that start the song with the ones from the video (then muted video).

What kept frustrating me was once I had everything lined up, whenever I tried to adjust anything to the video (start/stop, trimming), the backing track would be cut down to a short version. Definitely some features to figure out, but will use a different program next time.

5 Likes