Song 34 - "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes

Nice :slight_smile: Do you feel like after Distant Early Warning you have bandwidth to spare with stuff like this. Just sitting back and having fun with the groove.

The slides into the E are top.

1 Like

Exactly, Iā€™ll get back to Rush again, but enjoying this change of pace. I imagine you can relate after that Jackson 5 marathon :slight_smile:

And I thought I was the only one using foam :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

One question for you - Do prefer playing with a pick?

Iā€™d say Iā€™m neither here nor there. I like using it when the song needs it, but dislike it when it makes it harder or too hard to nail, lol.

I now can say I like both. I have a lot of pick playing covers coming very soon.

1 Like

Well you did an excellent job on Seven Nation Army with a pick.

I never cared for the clacky type sound a pick makes and actually used to make my own picks out of heavy gauge leather. Then when I discovered the foam trick it seemed to clean up the sound a little using a standard pick. I cut slots in the foam so that the strings actually sit inside of, instead of on top of, the foam.

Digging the fretless version @dlamson13, very cool and love the slides!

1 Like

@Barney I donā€™t know how I missed this unless you also posted in the covers thread and I didnā€™t, but I love this version. Unique and works so so well on the louder parts!!!

1 Like

Thanks @John_E pretty sure I posted it in the covers thread.
Anyway just a bit of fun. That Kala U Bass punches well above its weight :boxing_glove::boxing_glove:

Thanks @John_E! Iā€™m having a lot of fun with this bass.

great groove - I admire the use of pick :slight_smile:

1 Like

An amazing duo from Detroit! Love the way the kick drum drives this song. I should try to learn that drum lineā€¦ Anyways, I got the use the B3K side on my Darkglass head this time around. Fun putting some grit into the mix!

Squier P Bass with Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats installed. Pick + Palm muting technique. Volume at 100% and Tone at 0%. Using Cali76 Compressor pedals with these settings: Dry 25%, Out 60%, In 50%, Ratio 60%, Att/Rel 50%, and HPF 75%.

We used these settings on the DG head: Microtubes ON, B3K Mode, Drive 40%, Level 50%, Tone 50%, Blend 50%. Slight bump to the Mids on the EQ sliders.

Hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

I donā€™t play guitar so the sound is not right, but I like it :slight_smile:

Line 6 Ampeg SVT 4 8x10
Distortion Obsidian 7000 D4,8 L5

4 Likes

When I was leading this one I had all sorts of fuzz/distortion and should have recorded that was. This song is infinitely more interesting with some fuzzy distorted bass. Nice job.

Looks like AI Jack needs a new guitar.

2 Likes

Thank you @John_E . Hehe, yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work on this one Johnny!

The way the AI constantly morphs the subjects is so odd to me!! Like in the last one the running girl kept changing her stance from forward to backwards but her legs seemed to keep pointing the same way :rofl:

Jackā€™s guitar has inlays on one side but the broken piece has none and about 3 extra tunersā€¦ Wild!

awesome cover man!!

1 Like