Song 39 - "Time Bomb" by Rancid

Song: Time Bomb
Artist: Rancid
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

Spotify Link

2 Likes

I wish I was punk enough to do this for a living, wow this is incredibly fun to play! Took a while to get up to speed. I might start a petition to move this to the “level 3” category :slight_smile: Original is picked, so I tried to keep my plucking aggressive throughout.

Technical Stuff: Fernandes J Bass (100% neck, 25% bridge, 100% tone) => Behringer BDI-21 DI => DAI. Added some Compression and EQ in post.

7 Likes

Good gravy these fast songs give me agita.
Won’t be trying this any time soon.

You however, did GREAT. Tone timing everything.

Niceness.

1 Like

Thanks John_E,

You’re good with a pick, so it might be easier if you alternate pick it, but yeah, it was definitely harder than Billie Jean IMO.

…as soon as I learn how to alternate pick I will, lol.
I actually need alternate picking for the 2-string slide stuff on Morphine tunes to make it sound cleaner and I’m working on it from snails pace up.

1 Like

Tip top cover. I was tired just listening to all 2:36 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not super happy with this, but all the time I have for weekend bass fun. My attempt at Rancid: Time Bomb.

I think its pretty decent, but I drop a few 16th notes at the end.

5 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this one. That was amazing!

1 Like

Ya weird I missed it too.

Great job @Old_WannaBe

Nice tone on this. You make it look easy!

1 Like

Great job on this cover!

1 Like

Last of the Level 2 Songs! This one took a lot of time at slower tempos to work up to the speed of the chorus parts. Glad it’s a short song. These punk songs have definitely been troublesome! :clock3: :bomb:

3 Likes

Took me some time to get this right, but think it turned outOK. Also tried to zoom in on the playing a couple of times, don’t think I nailed that as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guess you finished this up just after the Zoom!
This sounds FANTASTIC @Johnnyb.
Really well done and your fingers look very relaxed.
Nice video editing as usual, you sure do more on that than I care to bother to, lol.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @John_E! Nice to hear that you like how it turned out. Hehe, yes, I have to focus more on the playing, but I think both are fun. :slight_smile: