Song 4 - "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash

Ladies and Gents this picture just proves that hard work pays off. I mean nobody on the internet would lie right? They’ve clearly watched my half assed cover of Folsom and thought man we need that guy playing bass for our next project.
Alternatively seeing as it’s not my first rodeo, I suspect some kind of muppetry / scam is afoot. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s it!!! You’ve been discovered! :joy:
Don’t forget the good old B2B forum once you’re in the big leagues :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Rock On! You made it, now record companies can screw you over and not pay you for your work.

2 Likes

Max Headroom is back by popular demand!

7 Likes

Great job @JPHaggerty!
:+1:

4 Likes

Great job everybody.

5 Likes

Per-per-per-per-perfect!

5 Likes

Nice job @JPHaggerty,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Love this song, but it seems like whenever I play along the bass notes are off compared to the recording. Bass sounds higher or slightly sharp.

4 Likes

@swashbuccaneer, scroll up in the thread, you will see there is an adjusted backing track, original was off by 1/4 tone

5 Likes

Awesome, I’m still scrolling through everything. At least I now know it’s not my ears going out on me. :smiley:

5 Likes

There is a discord server for bassbuzz where you can also find the track corrected and other resources for the challenge. Go to the challenge thread there and check out the pinned post.

4 Likes

I’m aware of a corrected track for Highway to Hell - there’s a corrected track for Folsom Prison Blues too? I don’t see it on the gdrive - am I missing something?

4 Likes

I have a Zoom B1X Four, which allows tuning to hz. I actually tuned to 435hz for that song (which is why it’s not in my practice rotation)

5 Likes

Oh sorry, you are correct, I got confused!

Ya a few notes sound a bit off on FPB, but I just went along…its the guitar players fault!

5 Likes

Nice. I wonder if my tuners can do that as well as I’ve noticed they have a hz setting that seems like it can be adjusted.

KLIQ UberTuner and KLIQ MetroPitch - Metronome Tuner. I’ll have to play with them. I see they default to 440hz.

5 Likes

Another cover for the day. Did not feel like spending too much time on this either. Kinda rushed at the beginning, and paraphrasing John_E up the thread - the simpler the song, the harder it is to do it well. But I’m satisfied enough to publish this now and move on.

9 Likes

Nice work again @kowry
great timing and tone again!
My new bass instructor says to see through the mistakes (a mis-fret / mis-note) and focus on the technique.
Killer head bobs, looked about as bored as I was :rofl:

5 Likes

Great job @kowry ! Well done!
:+1:

3 Likes

Nice job @kowry ,
keep up the good work,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes