Song 5 - "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC

Nice job @BigAl.

First look at the score, I thought the same thing. The long breaks are going to make it more difficult to come in at the right time…

Amen to that - that’s a line I’m going to have to find and learn…

3 Likes

Are there files on discord? Can the location of the original track be updated with the “retuned” track (or was it already)?

1 Like

It is buried in the thread, @JT, can it be pinned to the top or something?

I grabbed it on Discord…

1 Like

I’ve asked @gcancella to add it to the Drive folder with all of this stuff. I don’t have access to that folder and can’t pin things in Discord. I can’t put a direct link in here either due to grey areas on legality. However, it was re-posted on the Discord thread yesterday so is only a few messages from the bottom currently.

2 Likes

Wow we are into week 5 already! Time flies!
Here is mine.

12 Likes

Excellent job @RuknRole! But, we’re at song 5, week 10. :slight_smile:

Nice tone, nice mix, great job…

3 Likes

Thanks!
Yes song 5, week 10. I gotta leave the house more! :rofl:

1 Like

Sounds great, @RuknRole . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

Great job technically! @RuknRole.
Did you use the original track, sounds off key a bit vs. the fixed track.

2 Likes

Yes, I used the original track. I had already recorded the song when the conversation started so I left it as is.

1 Like

yay, my ear is getting better, haha.
so hat aside, really nice job!

1 Like

Thanks! I did hear it while I was recording but I told myself: Who am I to say AC/DC is off key! Lol

3 Likes

Couldn’t you put in the correct track, and re export the file with the right song in the background. Shouldn’t be too much work. Just a thought tho, I like it just fine how it is. Guess my ears are not that advanced yet. If ever :wink:

3 Likes

You’re right, if we are going to do something let’s do it right! :slight_smile:

Song re-uploaded with retuned track and original post updated with new link.

3 Likes

Now ya talkin’!

2 Likes

Almost ready to record this. Had a rough time after the vaccine last week, but glad I got it. :slight_smile:

BTW, here is a good video if you just want to practice playing along to it. Tab is 95% the same as Josh’s. This is not me playing. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPW_GNvE5ls

9 Likes

I have been cursing this song for a while and tonight it finally came together.
Also been cursing that I committed to standing for this one to @PamPurrs, but in the end it was good to get out of the chair. First time standing. I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it was. I think it will be easier now that I have done it once.

Figured the Bello bass was appropriate for this song.

I used an SVT sim on the Studio 40 and 100% P pickup with the tone rolled down.

15 Likes

Video unavailable

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

Did you post it on YouTube? They’re really bad about the copyright stuff

1 Like

Wow, it played once! Let me put it up on Vimeo

2 Likes