Song 5 - "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC

Are you ready to rock!?!?!?!? I know many of you are, so lets do this!

Song: Highway to Hell
Artist: AC/DC
Tuning: Standard (EADG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l482T0yNkeo

Spotify link

For a backing track with bass removed, join the Discord or contact @gcancella

Tips:

Member Audio/Video Submission Shortcuts:

BigAl / Ruknrole / John_E / Barney / Reo / JT / Fosskers / JDDaniel

6 Likes

Hereā€™s my take on AC/DC highway to hell. I had a blunder middle of the song. I thought the breaks in the song made it a little more difficult. In all great song. I wish Whole Lotta Rosie was in these 50 songs. LOL

Fixed my bad.
You canā€™t post on YouTube due to coptrights.

9 Likes

@BigAl - The URL just says the page is missing. Something isnā€™t right.

1 Like

Yep, the link is not working.

BTW, there is an extensive discussion about this song being slightly off key here.

2 Likes

Hi @BigAl I was unable to find the link as wellā€¦

1 Like

Hey everyone, quick questionā€¦

What was this symbol and sound at the end of the song? I canā€™t quite hear it very well in the original recording.

HW2H Question

2 Likes

It might be specifying to play the A on the 5th fret instead of Open sting???
Just a guess.

That means ā€œplay this note as many times as you can.ā€
Itā€™s a tremelo marking.
The half circle with a dot under it is a fermata - so you just hold that note and keep playing it real fast until the cue for the last note.

9 Likes

ā€œSamsoniteā€
ā€œSwanson, I was WAY OFFā€

Great to know, much thanks.

1 Like

Greeting B2B, Sorry about the link youtube will not let you post your video because of copyrights.
hereā€™s the link to Instagram not sure if you have to log in to get the video
https://www.instagram.com/p/COYoDd0pSEm70IMR38ST3dMBHP6Sv2t9Fw2bNU0/
I hope this one works.

did Modification to link hope this works.
Thanks

6 Likes

To fix your original link, take out the ā€œmanage/videos/ā€ bit and it will work. So it is just vimeo.com/544ā€¦

You did a good job on this. A few mis-plays but nothing major. However, I think you should watch it back and pay attention to your fretting hand and how far away from the frets you were sometimes. Sometimes you were in-between the frets. Especially in the latter part of the song after 2 min or so. Just something to be aware of. Iā€™m guessing you were looking at tab and not at your hand, so just playing it by feel, so thatā€™s why it was off.

Thatā€™s something that will improve with time though as long as you are aware of it and actively trying to reduce it occurring. Something I continue to work on myself. I think it just takes time before your muscle memory knows where to go without you looking.

Good job overall though and thanks for kicking things off. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks,for feed back really appreciated. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Good work @BigAl
You missed the ā€˜tremmeloā€™ mark at the end, the big rock play the note as fast as you can and rock out fun part.
Otherwise good stuff, minor timing issues.
I think you used the original track vs. the fixed one for tuning that is on Discord.
Keep rockin man, doing great!

3 Likes

Yeah, used original track. I couldnā€™t nail that tremmelo so left it out. Thanks for feed back. :+1: :+1: :beers:

1 Like

Nice job @BigAl.

First look at the score, I thought the same thing. The long breaks are going to make it more difficult to come in at the right timeā€¦

Amen to that - thatā€™s a line Iā€™m going to have to find and learnā€¦

3 Likes

Are there files on discord? Can the location of the original track be updated with the ā€œretunedā€ track (or was it already)?

1 Like

It is buried in the thread, @JT, can it be pinned to the top or something?

I grabbed it on Discordā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve asked @gcancella to add it to the Drive folder with all of this stuff. I donā€™t have access to that folder and canā€™t pin things in Discord. I canā€™t put a direct link in here either due to grey areas on legality. However, it was re-posted on the Discord thread yesterday so is only a few messages from the bottom currently.

2 Likes