What bass lines do you love to play?

Although I play it with backing on yousician, I have been playing Can’t Stop “for a year” (I played it when I started, sort of backed off playing bass at all and am now playing it again).
It’s my favorite and I really get into it.

4 Likes

My current favorites are The Things I Used to Do by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Far From Any Road by the Handsome Family. Both have great bass lines that aren’t that difficult to play and a lot of fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the main bassline of ‘cannonball’ by the breeders. i seem to play that every time i pick up my bass to get in the zone.

5 Likes

While warming up, Groove is in the Heart always pops up. And usually that pinky finger strength exercise from talkingbass. But I’m looking forward to picking through this thread for more options! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve got a new song to practice with…Highway to He’ll. Yousician has the basic and full baselines and its only the basic but I’ve got it down cold

2 Likes

It’s one of the songs in the 50 Songs Challenge:

You should record it and post your cover!

5 Likes

I love funky. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5YaApfSdQ

4 Likes

Before I do, I need to learn a few recording things, like how to isolate the bass. I can play the song with Yousician but I’m not sure about the backing track yet

3 Likes

As it says in the thread I linked to:

:wink:

2 Likes

Is there a particular place to look for the links on Discord? I joined it today but didn’t see anything related to the actual songs, just people commenting on the challenges.

2 Likes

NVM I found it

4 Likes

I can’t find Highway to Hell on Yousician @athosmr2003 . Have they altered the title slightly or maybe it could be a regional thing like YouTube do with some videos?

1 Like

R u using the app? I use it on my laptop

2 Likes

That would explain it :+1: I will now go and install it on my laptop. Thanks mate

1 Like

What bass lines do I love to play???

Any bass line that that makes the lead guitar player think… WTF….!!!

5 Likes

Not calling it a baseline by any means, working with the Blues Box from @JoshFossgreen Youtube video - Really enjoying that stuff

Cheers

3 Likes

What bass lines do i always come back to? Houses of the holy to Congress to mind, peace frog by the doors. They are just fun to play.

2 Likes

My favourites at the moment are Jump by Van Halen, Heaven by Brian Adams and Talk Dirty to Me by Poison but it varies so often each day. I do find I get obsessed with a song try to master it,play it to death and then get bored with it though

2 Likes

Now i need to play talk dirty to me. And nothing but a good time

3 Likes

My favourite right now is Dumb Things by Paul Kelly.

2 Likes