Song 5 - "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC

@John_E that was friggin’ awesome! Your timing and tone were right on throughout the song. Also, I love the tone of that ESP. I can’t wait to get mine.
Did you put flats on it or are you playing the strings that came with it?

3 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs!
I took the strings it came with off and put on a set of MJC Ironworks rounds that I had.
I have them on my other ESP LTD active P/J and liked them.
They feel good but might try out the LaBella RX Stainless rounds (which I have on my Yammy 5er and really like as well).

2 Likes

Excellent Job, John,
nice tone. Sounded good, from start to finish. :+1: :+1: :beers:

4 Likes

Nice job @John_E! Tone was good, timing sounded good, mix was good… Excellent job on the tremolo…

2 Likes

Good job @John_E, it sounded great! That Frank Bello looks sweet!

1 Like

Another one in the bag, only 45 more to go.
Bass > ZoomB1 Four > Focusrite > Garage band. Used the clean AMPG setting in Zoom as Cliff doesn’t seem to use much in the way of effects.

Once again thanks for the challenge. Enjoyed learning this one and forcing myself to stand up is starting to pay dividends.

Cheers Amigos

16 Likes

Awesome job Barney. Well played. Well produced. Love the energy!

2 Likes

Great job @Barney, you made it look effortless.

3 Likes

Calm,cool and collected. Excellent job, Great tone and sounded good.:+1::+1::beers: Rock on.

2 Likes

Great job @Barney!

3 Likes

@John_E nailed it. That tone is perfect. Yes, the challenge of playing whilst standing up is not to be underestimated :grin:

4 Likes

I am so late for this one. Schools are closed down again here in Ontario for the last few weeks, so between the FT job of Zoom-Schooling and FT job of paramedic, there’s very little time left…
I Completely missed Folsom Prison Blues, but am working hard on this one. Will just submit late.
@RuknRole: sounds amazing, very polished.
@John_E: I like the sound, welcome to the stand-while-you-play club. I usually find it hard to sit and play myself. Also, we get a better view of your collection!
@Barney: you said you only just started playing a few months ago? You don’t sound like a few months player. Great timing, looks effortless.

Hoping to get mine in by next week…

5 Likes

Don’t stress it. I haven’t done mine yet either, but will get it done by this weekend at the latest. Sometimes life takes over and that’s perfectly fine. This is just for education and fun so just do it when you can.

1 Like

Awesome @John_E! Love that bass!!

2 Likes

Great job @Barney! Rock on my brother!! :metal:

1 Like

Here’s my effort, while doing this one I realized that I’ve been getting a bit sloppy so I started using the metronome to do some deliberate plucking while taming the flying fingers… I hope to see some results later
I was excited about this song, I mean who doesn’t like HtH? but I had difficulty getting a reference point to keep the rhythm and changes, so I fell behind more than once… that’s been a thing on the last 2 songs for me

EDIT: reposted on Vimeo

7 Likes

31 posts were merged into an existing topic: YouTube BLOWS - Where else can you host and link to embedded files

Just finished B2B, so now I’m going to learn this in earnest! Ab should be fine, I’ll just bump the low Eb up an octave.

2 Likes

However you want to do it is great, but the retuned backing track is available if you’re so inclined…

Oh in that case, I’d use it. I don’t see a link in this thread though, do you know where it is?