What bass lines do you love to play?

I’ve got a new song to practice with…Highway to He’ll. Yousician has the basic and full baselines and its only the basic but I’ve got it down cold

2 Likes

It’s one of the songs in the 50 Songs Challenge:

You should record it and post your cover!

5 Likes

I love funky. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5YaApfSdQ

4 Likes

Before I do, I need to learn a few recording things, like how to isolate the bass. I can play the song with Yousician but I’m not sure about the backing track yet

3 Likes

As it says in the thread I linked to:

:wink:

2 Likes

Is there a particular place to look for the links on Discord? I joined it today but didn’t see anything related to the actual songs, just people commenting on the challenges.

2 Likes

NVM I found it

4 Likes

I can’t find Highway to Hell on Yousician @athosmr2003 . Have they altered the title slightly or maybe it could be a regional thing like YouTube do with some videos?

1 Like

R u using the app? I use it on my laptop

2 Likes

That would explain it :+1: I will now go and install it on my laptop. Thanks mate

1 Like

What bass lines do I love to play???

Any bass line that that makes the lead guitar player think… WTF….!!!

5 Likes

Not calling it a baseline by any means, working with the Blues Box from @JoshFossgreen Youtube video - Really enjoying that stuff

Cheers

3 Likes

What bass lines do i always come back to? Houses of the holy to Congress to mind, peace frog by the doors. They are just fun to play.

2 Likes

My favourites at the moment are Jump by Van Halen, Heaven by Brian Adams and Talk Dirty to Me by Poison but it varies so often each day. I do find I get obsessed with a song try to master it,play it to death and then get bored with it though

2 Likes

Now i need to play talk dirty to me. And nothing but a good time

3 Likes

My favourite right now is Dumb Things by Paul Kelly.

2 Likes

That’s an Aussie classic @BK :+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I love playing Iron Man. Not the main verse that everybody recognizes the song by, but all the other parts. It really is a GREAT bass song.
I have a few songs that I just always seem to play for warming up.

Black Sabbath - Iron Man - all around workout
Pantera - Mouth for War - fret finger burner
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss - plucking practice
Black Sabbath - NIB solo and just noodling Geezer style like @JoshFossgreen past video - great to just get in the groove.

20 minutes is great finger workout.
My fingers are loose and ready after that.
Often on a day when I just get 20 min in, that is what it is, cuz it gives me the workout I need to keep my strength and endurance up.

5 Likes

Today I’m working on when i come around by green day because mike dirnt

4 Likes

Just a great play. Ton of fun in that.

2 Likes