Song 50 - "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi

School of Rock, You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi - YouTube - we struggled on the ending, and I don’t do the octaves during the chorus. But still super fun…

4 Likes

Pretty nice bass playing there @cbaray
You even started smiling towards the end, looks like it was a good time.

1 Like

I love your floating thumb technique. When I do it, my fingers get tangled up but I am working on it.

2 Likes

Ha. I am self conscious about my bass face. Usually, I’m smiling cause I recognize a mistake I made or someone else made, or one we usually make and didn’t make…I feel like it’s a tell! The ending - lots of opportunities to make mistakes, so of course I’m smiling…

1 Like

Hi, this is my cover of You Give Love a Bad Name.

7 Likes

Nice playing @ChrisoBass, excellent cover! I just started learning this one.

1 Like

Dang, that was a great cover! I wish the bass was a little higher in the mix… It was very well played though! Nice picking action! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you, I really enjoyed learning it.

1 Like

Thanks, I will raise the bass level in my next one.

1 Like

Song #50!!!

4 Likes

Heck yeah man! That one rocked majorly!

1 Like

We made it. I hope you have your hair spray and spandex ready…

What a ride this has been working on all these songs. I started this journey in late July 2023 and it’s been really rewarding. Also frustrating at times but I stuck with it all the way and I’m glad I did.

:metal: :pbass:

@JoshFossgreen May I have the honor of being awarded the completion badge? :smiley:

5 Likes

Congrats @cheeze_pizza thats a lot of work, so well done!, and it shows in your bass playing level now :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks man! :smiley: :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations @cheeze_pizza on silver in the 50-song challenge! Fantastic work all around, and amazing development as a bass player. I hope to follow you and @dlamson13 in a couple of months. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for those kind words man! Now that you’ve got Billie Jean in the bag, you’ll be there before you know it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats on crossing the finish line and joining @dlamson13 up in that rarified air.

Hey @JT - #2 has arrived!
There are many still working on them.

This sounds really good @cheeze_pizza.
It is so fun watching progress through these songs.

3 Likes

Thanks so much John! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to check out all the videos. You gave excellent feedback as well as some challenges to help push me out of my comfort zone. It’s been a heck of a ride. :smiley:

1 Like

It is granted! Nice work! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you Josh! I greatly appreciate all the resources you’ve provided for us to become better players. :smiley: :jbass:

4 Likes