Source Audio SA246 After Shock Bass Distortion

Hi all,
Does anyone have any playing experience with this pedal? Not checked one out in person yet but liking the demos I’ve seen on YouTube.

Any opinions/advice?

Mike

2 Likes

Hard to go wrong with anything from SourceAudio. AfterShock is still one of the better distortion pedals on the market. The fuzz is good too.

Listen to some YT demos where they demo the AS and other distortion pedals and see if you like the tone.

3 Likes

Cheers Paul, nice one! Thank you!

3 Likes

There is a possibility to virtually test pedals at Thomann:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/stompenberg_devices.html

i.e., you test it live with pre-recorded bits or you play your gear through the pedal you want to test live.

Unfortunately, I just checked and this particular pedal is not (yet) available.

So, more something for future reference (or go nuts and try some of the many other pedals there) :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, mate, much appreciated!

3 Likes

Not very helpful (this time), I realize… but perhaps another time :smile:

3 Likes

All good, thank you!

2 Likes

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/yQgakQY34yb

This one’s been up for sale for a bit. I don’t know the seller. I have played one at a few gigs. Oddly enough, it’s on the house bass board at one of the churches I play at. That and a Cali76. Not a bad combo at all. It does the edge of breakup thing all the way to a splat and borderline useless… for me. If I hadn’t gotten my Lucy Dreamer that was next on my bass board.

2 Likes

Cheers dude! I’m in the UK so it won’t open up for me but got my eye on a couple of possible purchases this side of the pond. Cheers!

2 Likes

I havent personally tried the pedal but I can assure you that if you like any of their One Series pedals from what you are hearing on Youtube videos then you can just buy the pedal. Whatever tones you heard are just a taste of the goodness packed into the pedal. There are already hundreds of more presets for the pedal online and the editor software allows you the ability to make your own presets. I have looked at tbe Aftershock and its as deep the Spectrum that I do own. They are different pedals but Source Audio made their distortion pedal just as awesome as their filter pedal. I have had the Spectrum for a couple years and havent even gotten into creating presets yet. I honestly could have stuck to the 6 factory presets and it would have been worth every penny. I loved their original BEF and they totally.changed my mind regarding digital effects. I would never have looked at digital envelope filters and they made one tbat blew my mind. I wasnt ever going to buy another filter pedal but their one series pedals have changed the game. Whatever you want out of tbem you get plus WAY MORE

2 Likes

Thank you for the thumbs up. I bought it!

2 Likes