Squier Contemporary Active Cacophony

No, they jerked me around once.

1 Like

@K_Miller I was honestly impressed. They responded by the next morning with the three options. I have yet to receive the $45 but they said it would be executed and told me it would take a few days. I am trusting that currently. So far so good and I have two fantastic instruments from them.

3 Likes

I bought a fender American Acoustasonic from them. The listed as used but it’s an open box, selling it for half the price at $1,000. In the midst of excitement I ordered tele instead of the strat I wanted. Looks great either way, in fact I took me about 5 minutes to realize that it was not what I ordered.

I sent them an email asking them what my options were, I did say I was my fault ordering the wrong item. They told me they’ll change it out to the one I want, no extra charge, but by then I got used to the looks and decided to keep it.

I have a few more pleasant encounters with them, so I’m definitely think that they are ok.

1 Like

Maybe steve no longer works there, but who knows?
As you can see, he invited the offer, only to wait 23 hours and counter at full price.
No worries, I got a better deal later from a reputable seller.

1 Like

Finally got the P bass open, lol. It’s really good. Even at full price it’s hard to find fault to this bass well made and natural rosewood grain is really great.

3 Likes

Man, in that pic, I only have eyes for the StingRay. That is a seriously sexy hunk of bass flesh. :star_struck:

2 Likes

“And I only have eyes for you” love that song. I’m still too sick to really do anything but when I was putting the P bass through its pace I had just the best session. I was pretty “Zen”.

2 Likes

Those are some gorgeous instruments. I love those photos.

This is my first real decent bass. I’ve never really been into bass playing. I’m excited now and neglecting my guitars. I see the beauty in this instrument finally. I’m also hearing songs differently. I probably needed this to happen sooner but I’m ready now. Loving this bass. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Yep, once you recognize bass in a tune, you’re gone. You’ll never not hear bass again. :ear::face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Take my word, these Squiers are just fantastic. They feels just as good as at least the Sterling Ray34 with roasted maple neck. It definitely feels better than many Made in Mexico Fender I’ve had.

1 Like

I already have dibs on the Fuego…

2 Likes

Just signed up here to say this thread was really useful, a work colleague bought a Matte black contemporary Jazz and it had similar issues with buzzing and distortion. When he returned it he was told it was beyond economic repair! He haggled a deal based on the fact that we were confident it could be fixed, I tidied up the wiring, and took the opportunity to reverse engineer the circuit of the preamp. Ended up 3D printing an enclosure for the active preamp and shielding it to eliminate any potential interference issues. Tightened all the controls (every one was loose) and it looks much nicer in the cavity now!
Have been playing it for the last couple of hours and I’m a bit in love with that neck…

1 Like

Forgive me but I’m extremely reluctant to click any links I can’t see. Even on my iPad. Can you post pictures instead

3 Likes

Sorry, did the post from my mobile and couldn’t easily add as embedded images…
Not my soldering…

Closeup of preamp

The rat’s nest - they couldn’t have tangled this any more than they did!

Much tidier!

1 Like

Love that roasted neck…

I’ll share the files on Thingiverse at some point in case anyone else wants to print the enclosure

4 Likes

Thanks that’s next level stuff with the PC board and enclosure. Nice!!