Steve Harris Love Thread!

It’s about to hit 100k views soon, in under a week of being out. Hope you have a little team of people packaging up the B2B materials there Josh, you’re about to get a bunch of orders!! This is the stuff people dream about, getting that many views so fast on their channel after the release of a video. Congrats, well deserved, they really are good videos!

5 Likes

I would like to say it is all Josh as to why its hitting 100,000 views… but I have a sneaking suspicion its because Steve Harris is in the name :slight_smile: … and then Josh…lol

Seriously though…its a very well made video. Only Didier Gerome did as good of a job…and 2 videos barely scratches the surface.

1 Like

I was listening to Overkill by Motorhead on my way home from lunch today and it bought back so many happy memories. Overkill is where it all started for me. I had a copy of Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds and a kid at school heard I had it and offered me a trade. I walked away with Overkill, Bomber and Wheels of Steel by Saxon. I can’t believe those albums are all now forty or more years old but then again, I can barely believe that I’m about to hit 53!

7 Likes

I feel ya @Timberfist…I turn 50 in 2 months :thinking:

Funny story today at work…a co-worker friend of mine was talking with me about music and mentioned he used to be a big Iron Maiden fan back in the early to mid 80’s (He is 59 yrs old). I asked him what was the last album he could remember and it was Powerslave (one of the best IMHO).

So I proceeded to give him a song list to check out from albums post Powerslave. Just before quitting time he came back to my desk and said “Duuude!!! The havent lost it have they! I listened to every song you recommended and damn I cant believe I stopped listening to them”.

Maiden…Timeless and the BEST!

4 Likes

I too stopped listenening to Iron Maiden around that time and Motörhead too (I think Iron Fist might have been the last album I bought) as I moved on to Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica and Megadeath but I’ve really enjoyed rediscovering those bands from my youth.

Overkill is a really great album. As Lemmy always used to say, “We are Motörhead and we play rock and roll” and that really shines through on Overkill.

Funny story, as we were leaving lunch on Monday, I had the following exchange with my son:

Father: We’re listening to Motörhead on the way home.
Son: I’ll steel my balls.
Father: Funnily enough, that’s the name of their eight album.
Son: Really?
Father: No.

You can see why my kids despair of me, can’t you :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

LOL… I used to do the same to my kids, but my son actually got into the “older metal” at the time (this was back in the 1990’s when grunge was the thing).

He still listens to Man’O’War, Death Angel, Slayer, Anthrax…lol

2 Likes

I can relate! I just started playing bass at 47 after meeting Steve in Atalanta after a British Lion show. They are a truly amazing act, and seeing Steve play right in front of me twice (I saw them in Pensacola too) was absolutely amazing!

4 Likes

@robert.kerr4 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum!
There are at least a couple more of us in the Southeast US.
How did you manage to meet Steve?

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself thread.

2 Likes

Eric… if you went to the British Lion concert and hung out after their set, the whole band (including Steve) came out and did a meet and greet. How awesome is it that a guy that has made it as big as Steve would humble himself enough to not only play with a smaller band in small venues, but then do a meet and greet.

And it was an awesome show to boot…the whole band was really good!

3 Likes

No kidding Robert?? That is where I saw them too (in Pensacola)! small world.

2 Likes

My favourite is which ever one I’m listening to.
Best picture. He always is the dude
JT

2 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

My friend played me Phantom of the Opera back when I was in college, and I’ve been a Maiden fan since :metal: Steve Harris is definitely a big reason why I started playing bass.

Now I have my 8 year old son listening to great tracks like “Fear of the Dark,” and on their latest album, “The Red and the Black.”

3 Likes

Oh yeah. That is really bad. :rofl: He even double tracked at some points. :rofl:

1 Like

LOL Terb… that is some fluteing (fluting)… more like flatus…lol

2 Likes

You might want to give “The Clansman” a listen. The acoustic bass intro is awesome to hear. And Blaze really was pretty good with Maiden (not as good as Bruce…but definitely gave Maiden a unique sound).

1 Like

I caught British Lion in Atlanta and hung out after the show and met all the great guys. I don’t get star struck easily, but getting a chance to talk with him was just awesome!

5 Likes

I finally got around to checking out British Lion! “Us Against the World” Good stuff!

3 Likes

All their songs were really good…and what a show they put on!

1 Like

DAMN! I wanted to hang out after the show but my buddy I went with is going through some rough health stuff. But he still wanted to see the show… but was feeling pretty rough by the end of it.

Someday I’ll get to meet “The Man”! I was happy I was able to get right up front and definitely got a few shots Steve “hammed it up for the camera” for :slight_smile:

4 Likes