Stool recommendations?

I prefer it with mood lighting.

10 Likes

Personally I have been using my gaming chair with an arm removed for holding the instrument, the other armrest does occasionally become a hinderance.

It’s nice to take a break from “stool posture” and be able to relax in a chair that I can sit in for 8 hours.

If your intent on a stool, I would favor going to a store and sitting on things to make sure it isn’t a piece of junk, and you probably want a foot prop that’s about 6 inches off the ground.

I use a $10 “guitar foot stool” or whatever you want to call it, it’s absolutely amazing for comfort to keep the leg your playing on higher. Best Bass/Guitar accessory I’ve bought!

3 Likes

Can verify

2 Likes

Eric, as always, you rule :rofl:

4 Likes

I second that emotion. Good stuff.

1 Like

In some African countries and Caribbean islands, Toto is slang for something else which is also very good! :crazy_face:

1 Like
  1. My personal choice

2. I liked this one too

3. Ergonomic and multi-purpose: something like that
    +: A Sissel pillow may help to prevent/relieve back pain.

1 Like

No room for an “extra” seat, so my office chair doubles as a practice chair, the key here being flip-up arms. Been using this style for sax for years and works great for bass too.

I like having the arms for work when typing.

4 Likes

I want to get an office chair with fold up arms. Maybe put taller casters on too.

Also, a yoga block makes a good foot rest if you have one around your house.

1 Like

I have that under my workbench.
It is perfect for putting the bass on my leg and tuning/intonating, etc.

1 Like

they are very handy

1 Like

Hmmmm, yoga block… :thinking:

1 Like

Hi I’m 68 also needed a good stool. I could not find one. I took an old office chair that telescoped and rotated and my hubby cut the arms off and it’s absolutely very perfect goes up and down rotates and rolls. Can’t be beat all for $5….Find one at any Thriftstore.

7 Likes

I have one of those Fender stools and I can’t stand it for more than 10 minutes, I can handle my DW throne for about 30 only because i need the foot rest. I usually resort to sitting in an office chair a little cramped. Over the weekend I went to a music store where they had a Taylor guitar stool - it was super nice and really comfy, I just wasn’t ready to spend $140. Now after some of the prices I’ve seen in this thread i.e. 450, I might go buy the taylor chair.

4 Likes