Stop Introduction Video Playing?

I’m using Google Chrome as my default web browser on Windows 10 and whenever I open the BassBuzz web page the introduction video plays. I can’t seem to find a way to stop it. I even installed an extension (AutoplayStopper) but nothing seems to work. Is anyone else having this experience or does someone know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Kent

2 Likes

Haven’t seen this myself. Are you blocking cookies by any chance?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m blocking cookies, but I am running an ad blocker. I’ll look into the cookie setting and try disabling the ad blocker for this site.

2 Likes

What page are you going to when that happens?

1 Like

I’m only guessing but I think you’re talking about this page…

Beginner to Badass - Bass Lessons (Learn How to Play Bass) (bassbuzz.com)

I don’t know that there is a way to stop it other than buying the course so you don’t need to go there again.

2 Likes

@eric.kiser that was the page. I bookmarked it when I first found it and had been using the bookmark ever since. I’ve now created separate bookmarks for my lessons page and the forums. I have purchased the course. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is the page you should have bookmarked.

2 Likes

Maybe your browser has some setting, preference, or add-on that is set to automatically start playing videos when the page loads? I say that because I just went to the link that eric.kiser posted, and the video did not start playing for me (using Safari on a Mac).

1 Like

I have to question, why would you even go to that page if you’ve already signed up for the course? Why not just go to the page I suggested which takes you right to where you left off on your last session?

I think I bookmarked it before I signed up for the lessons and just kept using that bookmark. I’ve now bookmarked the page you suggested as well as one to the forms.

2 Likes

True, it’s not relevant for the actual B2B course page. I was just addressing why a video or sound file might automatically start to play on any page. It is moot, since kent1 has already bookmarked the right page.

1 Like