Student Progression: TK-421

Hi All,

I thought it might be nice to document my progress (I wish I thought of doing this earlier). I decided to learn bass about 10 days ago and I started Josh’s @JoshFossgreen course on Friday. I instantly became addicted and now I’m currently on Module 3, Lesson 2. Here’s a video of me playing along with the lesson track. I would love any feedback. I’m trying really hard to have good form right out of the gate.

Thanks for watching!

p.s. - I’m not sure if this is the right spot to make this post or not.

13 Likes

All looks good to me! You can also clearly tell you are having a blast, which is as (or more) important as technique at this point. Thanks for sharing. It’s a good habit to get into.

5 Likes

Yeah! Looks Great! You were feeling that shit and that’s gooood. :metal:

4 Likes

Everybody should do this. I have some vid of me before the course when I had a little skill, but I wish I’d documented it from the start of the course.

Even starting when you’re part way through is worth doing as you’re still getting better all the time. Once you’re finished with the course you’ll still get better so maybe keep making vids every week or so.

Actually, that’s what I’m going to do today; I haven’t played for a week or so so I’ll be rusty again.

Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Sounds and looks great!
Enjoy the course.

3 Likes

Looks great! That’s great you’re documenting your progress like this, keep it up!

3 Likes

Sounds and looks great, @TK-421 . . . :+1:

One of these centuries, I’ve gotta learn how to make videos (lol) . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers and good luck with the rest of the course, Joe

5 Likes

if you have a phone and a finger to touch the screen, it should work pretty easily :joy:

4 Likes

Take your kit to a shopping mall and start playing in the middle of it: by the time security come to take you away somebody will have video of you not only recorded but uploaded for you. Plus, the mall may let you have a copy of their CCTV footage.

7 Likes

Hmm . . . there’s a thought :thinking:

3 Likes

He forgot to mention the Flea dress code for this gig

9 Likes

Multiply available videos online by 10.

6 Likes

I am also logging my progress with videos, it’s a great idea, looks like you are doing killer!

6 Likes

Awesome - how did you record this?

2 Likes

Hi @john, I used my iphone to record the video and I recorded the bass audio using Pro Logic (DAW for Apple products). I plug my bass into an audio interface (Scarlett 2i2 | Focusrite), which then plugs into my computer.

I then use a free video editing software to put the video together with the audio.

Thanks for watching!

4 Likes