Sweetwater ... Lordy

All good things must come to an end.

2 Likes

Damn… the last bastion of good customer service down the :toilet:

Pitbull Audio has great customer service. So does SoundPure.

2 Likes

It’s a very niche company, but Stellartone has about the best customer service. Don is fantastic I ordered my pots from him on Wednesday, and he took it to the local FedEx station an hor before cutoff, and they said there would be no pickup because of the holiday, and they would be closed Friday and through the weekend, so it would go out Monday. So Don drove to the next town to get it sent.

It’s still sitting still on the tracker because it is FedEx but that’s just great service.

3 Likes

As others have said, I’d rather have too much than not enough. Sweetwater is pretty hard to beat.

1 Like

Current reddit thread seems to indicate this isn’t a necessarily bad thing, there’s several statements from Sweetwater important peoples that highlight the positives. Personally, I like what they’re saying and it seems like a good move from them as a company. Obviously there will be some stumbling blocks, but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, for now, until I feel otherwise.

1 Like

The only dips I have seen in SW service were what I would attribute to covid related staffing or shipping issues. Compared to the other big guys, no one comes close anyway.

1 Like

I don’t really know where to put this, but in the category of who owns whom . . . .

2 Likes

Interesting. I would have guessed Mackie was larger than Rode.

1 Like

Most acquisitions like this are funded by borrowing the money (like a mortgage to buy a house), so it’s not too uncommon for a smaller company to buy a bigger company. But in this case it looks like both the seller and buyer are bigger investment funds/holding companies, and the buyer organization is combining Mackie with its existing Rode company because they are similar and complimentary businesses.

2 Likes

Not a bad join up. I like both brands!

2 Likes