Tab resources?

Hi Josh, a bit off topic, came across this book at Hal Leonard. The accompanying video looks like it features someone familiar to us Bass Buzzer’s, but without the blindfold? Am I wrong?

Beginning Bass – At a Glance | Hal Leonard Online

4 Likes

Spitting image if it isn’t @Gio :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ha! What can I say… I was young, naive, I needed the money…
I jest, I jest.
This was a killer opportunity offered to me by EMGTV studios - they had partnered with Hal Leonard for the production of the video and had me come in and do it.
Good times had by all.

I got to do a few fun videos with Bobby Vega on EMGTV (https://www.youtube.com/c/emgtv/videos) and they used to be up once upon a time… but I think those are lost to history. They kept the Victor Wooten ones though… weird, right?

7 Likes

Now that I know it actually ‘was’ you Gio, I will have to buy the book as a late Xmas present! That sounds like an awesome opportunity, and you rocked out with that beautiful Red P bass. Some amazing video’s on the EMGTV link too.

So now that we know you have appeared with both, the world’s best bass pick player Bobby Vega & B2B’s own Josh Fossgreen, we really are so lucky to have your obvious talent and insight, right here on the Forum!

4 Likes

Where are you seeing @Gio? All I see is a picture of the cover…

3 Likes

There is a short video clip among the “free samples” - try that :grin:

5 Likes

Oh man I never caught those!

6 Likes

$25 USD. I’m giving it a shot for that price. Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

I grabbed Ultimate Guitar Pro when it was on sale recently, it’s been great, thanks for the recommendations. Just updating to say that it’s on sale again for 80% off right now (so $25 for a year) if anyone is looking for a quality tab resource. Their Official tabs all have both tab and standard notation options, and have been very accurate and reliable for me so far.

3 Likes

Thanks for the pointer… Are they printable? And what does subscribing get you? I can already see tabs…

1 Like

I see - they have “official, high-quality” tabs for the pro users.

2 Likes

I have seen OFFICIAL tabs for songs be completely wrong, but even so, for the price, there is. usually something that get you going, even if its a little off, and then there are some that are dead on, so its a mix with the OFFICIAL ones being ones that Ultimate Guitar put together. The other ones are uploaded by any user.
Regardless if it were as bad as 50% wrong (I am not saying it is), for $25 a year, hard to beat.

2 Likes