Tab/Sheet Software?

I am… was planning to do it over 3 months, but so far I’m on track for 1 month. Really loving the instruction style and playing in general. I still suck, but bassassery cometh.

3 Likes

@howard Do you have an opinion regarding Musescore and Crescendo?

1 Like

nope!

Isn’t this what Chordify and/or Transcribe+ does? @PamPurrs I think I remember you posting about Chordify?

Edit - you might be interested in this thread:

Chordify is where I get my chord charts so I can create my basslines.

This thread might be helpful as an option as well.

1 Like

I just spent an hour trying to find out if these will produce sheet and.or TAB to save or output to a printer.
There was no mention of such a function that I could find in either.

Here is a link to a review that @JoshFossgreen did for Transcribe.

Remember Transcribe+ and Transcribe are two different programs.

@PamPurrs can you tell us if Chordify or Transcribe can produce sheet/TAB music.

3 Likes

Oh right, I mixed those up. Thanks for the correction!

Chordify is a repository of chord charts. It doesn’t produce anything. Transcribe! Is a software used for transcribing songs. It also doesn’t produce anything.
There’s another product called transcribe that does something else, but I’m not sure what. I think @John_E has talked about it.

Did you mean Transcribe+ in this sentence? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah that’s the one

I have done this in Musescore…it’s really easy and as others have said, free software

This is a bit dry, but you can see the options MuseScore Tutorial - How to Write Guitar Tablature in MuseScore - YouTube

3 Likes

That you can use to take out the bass lines, like Moises and all the others.

1 Like

I work the other way round by entering the music and having it generate the TAB. That video is very informative about entering TAB and having it create the actual sheet music.

Looks like another + for Musescore.

Thank you for posting this information :+1: :+1: :+1:

You lost me.
What are you saying exactly :thinking:

Transcribe+ is used for removing bass lines from tracks.

1 Like

This is getting really interesting. Are there any software that I could use to transcribe to notation and tab via playing thru the 13 pins midi from the Roland GR 55? Thanks

1 Like

I usually create tabs how i think i’ll play them and then not actually play them that way :joy:

1 Like

I know what he’s saying… I feel like we’re in a secret club now :laughing:

2 Likes

:rofl: