Taking slide on a bass to a whole another level

I will just see how many of you will head down this road. Slide BASS sounds absolutely CRAZY - YouTube

3 Likes

I’m having a two-string slide bass ala Mark Sandman from Morphine, built by Dan at Guns and Guitars thanks to @MC-Canadastan (I think, damn you!)

10 Likes

this is the way.

4 Likes

You’re welcome @John_E . I always enjoy spending your money :joy:

TBH, though, your ThomanBird will now be the foundation of another beautiful thing, so that’s a plus.

4 Likes

This is the way.

5 Likes

Ya I just have to figure out what…

3 Likes

Speaking of slides on bass, just to point out some variations on the typical slides, if anyone is interested:

1. I came across this SlideWinder Ring some time ago (seems too expensive). The creator’s videos (1) and (2) using it on a bass do not impress me, but that might be due to his level of proficiency on the bass (or my ears!).

2. Today I saw this video by Marcelo Feldman, using the Black Mountain Slide Ring on a bass.

3. Then there is the Jetslide, more of a traditional slide, but worn with a ring attachment. It seems easy to enable, or disable, on the fly. This one might affect fretting a bit.

With either of the first two slide rings, they apparently don’t interfere with using your fingers to fret normally.

7 Likes

This is incredible.
Morphine is in my top 5 bands of all time list.
I love everything about them - not least, the bass tone and bass playing.
Thanks for sharing this!

4 Likes

@John_E That bass is for you?! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

No, but one just like it is in about 2 months!

3 Likes

@John_E Did you ever get your Morphine bass?

1 Like

Still waiting for it….

2 Likes