Talk Strings with Me!

I like these.

1 Like

Video just reinforced that it’s nickel plated rounds for me :slight_smile:

Though those cobalts were interesting too!

1 Like

I restringed my Bacchus with Rotosound strings and they play really nice! They have indeed a warm bright tone.

4 Likes

I put La Bella 0750m flats on my P Bass a few days ago. They’re 52-110 and according to La Bella they’re the “deepest and fullest sounding strings ever made”.

I had to adjust the neck because the strings are heavier than what I had on before. I also had to adjust the intonation, which turned out to be surprisingly easy.

I like them so far. They require more effort to play than my usual DR round wounds, but they feel good under my fingers. They sound a bit underwhelming by themselves but when I play along with other instruments they sound glorious.

I put the TI Flats on my Jazz and moved the Fender flats on my LTD P/J. Both sound and play so good now. I still have the D’Addario rounds that I intended to put on the LTD but for now, the flats stay on.

No real wonder that they are harder to play. Those are pretty porky strings.

The 0.110 string with .01 inch more in diameter than a 0.100 string translates to over 0.03 sq.inches more in cross+sectional area. IOTW, any given length of that string has 30% more material than the thinner one.

The Motown sound; strings James Jameson used

I’ve tried them, not a fan of the feel

I am still on the fence about these.
I am planning on putting on the normal LaBella flats and do an A/B to see what I hear.

They sounded great but I didn’t like the feel. I have normal .105 la bellas on my stream and I’m very fine with them. Interested to hear your take

To me they are a big muddy with the vintage fender P pickups, so we will see.

Good to hear. I should be getting my Surveyor 87 soon with vintage Duncans, and was thinking of throwing La Bellas on it, may rethink that plan

Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats feel and sound wonderful on my Ibanez. Lots of low end thump with high end zing when needed.

I have used several bass string sets in the past before settling and swearing on DR Hi-Beams until last year when I picked up my first set of NYXL bass strings and now I swear by them so much that I don’t want to buy anything else for my bass or my electric guitar.

Having said that, I picked up a pair of D’Addario classical nylon strings for my acoustic guitar and they sweat out rust within the first week.

I was actually rather disgusted because I’ve never had this happen to me before so I’m on the lookout for another set of nylon strings. So, I’m all years if someone has something to recommend me.