TalkBass Website Down Since Late Sunday

This was posted on Facebook and I found it shared on Reddit.

We are so sorry for the massive outage we are experiencing. The datacenter where we are hosted suffered a catastrophic power outage. A routine load test of a generator caused a fire, fire suppression systems, and the fire department cutting power to the complex.
We are awaiting word on whether our servers are affected by water damage and at that time will determine whether to spin up new servers at a different location, and restore from backups.
Again we are so sorry for the outage. Rest assured we do have automatic offsite backups and will do all we can to get back online with the shortest disruption possible

I like that someone suggested it was a conspiracy started by BIG TREBLE.

Anyone know why TalkBass is down? : Bass (reddit.com)

7 Likes

LOL

7 Likes

I figured it had to be something pretty big as they’ve been down for days

4 Likes

Maybe the Russians hacked them :grinning:

3 Likes

All your BASS are belong to us!

8 Likes

There’s a meme I haven’t heard in a while.

5 Likes

What you say!!

3 Likes

TalkBass.com is back up and running.

5 Likes

Is talk bass, talking basses forum?

2 Likes

No, TalkBass.com isn’t associated with anybody.

It’s a forum for everything bass and lots of manufacturers will answer questions there. It also has a few million bass players that have been posting since 1998.

I don’t spend much time there but when ever I do research on something I almost always end up there at some point. It’s a pretty massive resource for bass stuff.

7 Likes

Wow ok thanks

3 Likes

Be forewarned, it’s a very old site that you need to take with a serious, serious grain of salt. People often tend to be very negative there about anything except the standard formulas and very best gear, and there is a lot of ego flying around. And a lot of the ego is serious dunning-krueger - I’ve seen a whole lot of misinformation there as well.

Like, I just read a whole thread there where people were trying to convince a guy his new bass was broken when in fact it (very obviously) just had a double action truss rod and was, in fact, fine. And even after it was all resolved, people kept piling on telling him it was broken. It was kind of amazing.

5 Likes

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet” - Abraham Lincoln

8 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I belong to a saxophone forum which consists mostly of very old fellas with very strong opinions of what is right and what is wrong. Very few young folks on it vs. this or talk bass.

Most threads devolve into arguments about grammar in a post of that the question that the person who started the thread asked was in fact not a good question, not worded properly, and not very useful. Then the proceed to answer the question they feel should have been asked.

+1 for why I like it here much better

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t even F@$K with that site. If I do a google search, and it comes up TalkBass, I keep looking elsewhere.

2 Likes