TalkingBass Sale

:100: Mark’s flagship courses are college music school-level in content and approach.

He presents tons of material in a fast-paced, systematic manner, but it’s up to the student to practice each lesson’s exercises to achieve maximum benefit from the information.

Mark’s courses take time and dedication, but the benefits are worth it.

3 Likes

Exactly as what I’ve just read here, as long as you manage your expectations you should be fine. More fun and entertainment will be an easy way to bring people in to something totally new and help male them feel comfortable.
Comparatively, Mark’s vids tend to feel a bit more like a lecture than a demonstration (and I don’t mean this in any negative way!) but as a natural progression through your learning and playing I think that should be expected as things get more advanced.

There’s also a the fact that his courses are very well priced for the content they contain. Especially considering that you can add a discount code provided after a previous purchase on top of the seasonal sale!
I want to work more through the scales essentials and chord tones courses soon (and looking at the latter half of the modules in each he does start covering application) but with the sale I also purchased the complete slap bass course as I feel much more comfortable with that now - so that should be a fun break :smiley:

4 Likes

10th Anniversary of Talking bass (congratulations @markjsmith)

25% off all courses @antonio !

6 Likes

Big congrats to @markjsmith on the anniversary - here is a little “fanfare” I have a feeling you might like:

5 Likes

Absolutely. Kudos, @markjsmith, on your tremendous 10th Anniversary. Here’s to many more! :beers:

3 Likes

Congratulations @markjsmith on your Tenth Anniversary!

3 Likes

Thanks @Barney, I just signed up there. :smiley:

4 Likes

@joergkutter Have you seen the new Walk That Bass Volume 1 Mark just put out?

3 Likes

I bought the Walk That Bass book to supplement the Simple Steps to Walking Bass course I got last year.

Not much in the way of videos. Just high-level explanations of how to approach the material.

This book is surprisingly theory-dense, drawing heavily from Mark’s Chord Tones Essentials, Scales, and Walking Bass courses. Definitely in-depth and advanced.

4 Likes

I got an email for the Walk that Bass Book from TalkingBass, and clicked on the link, and didn’t go to the book. Went somewhere else. So I gave up on it.

2 Likes

That was a very early bad link glitch that happened when Mark sent out the book’s release announcement email. He fixed it within a few minutes later.

2 Likes

I have not! Thanks for the heads-up, @eric.kiser :smile:

3 Likes

TalkingBass has a Black Friday sale on.

2 Likes

Link for newer forum members

https://members.talkingbass.net/shop/

New year’s sale going on now… See Barney’s link above.