"Tall Font Russian" Distortion pedal. Made in Cali. Anyone use or ever used one?

1 Like

Iys been my experience that NO pedal has any effect on my bass. I’ve given up.

1 Like

That’s… unexpected. What pedals have you tried?

4 Likes

Here is the pedal Troy Sanders is talking about…

I have not used one, but it is considered one of the best examples of the Tall Font Russian Bug Muff you can get. When topics about best fuzz pedals for bass come up on talkbass.com it always gets mentioned.

1 Like

Chorus, phaser, compressor, distortion and reverb. What I especially hate is watching the youtube video on a certain pedal, played on a bass, and when I get it and start using it, it makes no difference. Aggravating.

1 Like

I can see a compressor and maybe a chorus being subtle enough to miss, but distortion should smack you in the face. If you’re using these all with the same power supply I think the power supply is dead, because getting that many non working pedals just seems super unlikely.

3 Likes

yeah 100%. It sounds like they have no power or are on bypass.

If you cannot hear what bass chorus and distortion are doing, something is wrong

2 Likes

Yes, Chorus and Distortion should be easily noticable, and even the Compressor if you dial all knobs to the right. It just can’t be that a distortion pedal doesn’t have an effect on your signal if everything is working.

Did you try them as the only thing in the chain between your bass and your amp?

I have a pedal that has some troubles in my chain, does weird things if I put it in with my Boss GT-1000CORE, bass whammy and some other pedals, but bass directly into the pedal to the amp it is just fine.

Come to think of it, I have that thing a year now and still haven’t done more trouble shooting. :frowning:

1 Like

Great pedal and wouldn’t hesitate to use it for guitar but for me i wanted a distortion with a dedicated blend control and so can totally recommend the Rattler bass version by Jam Pedals. Check it out on youtube basstheworld.

2 Likes