TC Electronic Customer Service

Has anyone had to deal with TCE customer service?
I received a wiretap riff recorder pedal for christmas and it is virtually unusable. It relies of a bluetooth connection to your phone which constantly disconnects and the app freezes meaning I have to reboot my phone several times a session.
Im sure the pedal itself is not to blame but the app is atrocious.
This was the reply from TCE

Hi

there are no imediate plans for any updates i’m afraid. i asked our product manager too, but with regards to ongoing projects and deliveries i have a hard time seeing this becoming a priority at this point of time.

I’m also a fan of the wiretap, but stick to USB import /export for better audio quality (wav vs mp3)

cheers,

Mike

2 Likes

I returned a defective-on-arrival TC amp but never dealt directly with TC myself, just the vendor.

I just bought a TC pedal today (Nether octaver), hopefully it will function when it arrives :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It has made me think twice about buyinga TC amp.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you, having received a bad one myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@howard The pedal itself is cool, it is the app that goes with it what is shit
If I was going to buy anything from TC I think I would avoid anything that requires additional apps that talk to your phone etc so I would not now buy the BH250 with TonePrint etc. I think I would be OK with just a simple amp.
I am thinking of paying a little extra and maybe going for the Trace Elliot elf and matching cab.

1 Like

Cool. I’ve read a lot of people saying they loved the Elf but I never got a chance to hear one myself. I don’t think I have ever read a bad thing about it though.

1 Like

Trace Elliot elf head and 300W cab bundle right on the money

2 Likes

The pedal functioned just fine on arrival :slight_smile:

It’s also super well made, I was surprised. It’s a TC upgrade of a Behringer circuit, made with better parts than Behringer uses. The circuit is a clone of the Boss OC-2. The pedal itself is built like a tank. I was very pleasantly surprised.

5 Likes

To bring up a dead thread.

My nether pedal is just fine as well.
I have purchased couple other TC pedals.

The Rusty Fuzz, same line / series as the Nether, and it was great, worked fine, and was built like a tank.
I did return it however, it is not a bass specific pedal, although it says for bass too, so, like many pedals, especially distortion / fuzz / OD, and octave pedals that were designed more for guitar, or both guitar and bass, it cut too much of the bottom out. It was great for highs and mods, if that’s all you want, but even with those cut all the way, and the bass cranked up, it wad just muddy, and still not low enuf.

I got the Spectra Comp. And the tone print was great. No issues with this app. It is rather cool, and I can see owning other pedals, or even an amp with it sometime, but the pedal itself, was not really the Comp style I was after. Even with all the tone prints, it was still a single dial compressor, and not what I wanted, so it went back as well.

That said, and a while after this was first posted, I am curious to know if the wiretap app is any better
And / or, if, when connected by usb, is the app any better then shite, is it useable at all?
Is there another app or program for it via usb?
Or what about usb connection to a DAW?

1 Like