TC Helicon Go Guitar Pro - Android compatible DI

I just ordered a TC Electronics Guitar Pro. Ended up getting off Amazon since they had a $99 package with some cables and a set of headphones. I just want to be able to capture some bass lines in BandLab and use it as a “Headphone Amp” on occasion.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I do have an Ipad, but my phone is an Android, so this seemed like the best device for cross platform use. Everything else out there seems to be geared towards a laptop or IOS.

Any comments, tips are appreciated. I will update once I receive it.

-Russ

1 Like

Not sure what that is @russeisenberg, what’s the exact name of the product?

1 Like

I guess it is actually TC-Hellicon. Not TC Electronics. oops.

Here is a link.

It is the TC-Hellicon Go Guitar Pro

2 Likes

@russeisenberg I haven’t heard of anybody here using one but it sounds like a pretty standard DAI (Digital Audio Interface) with some extra stuff letting you connect to a phone or tablet. I don’t know much other than what I briefly read but there are quite a few people on here using DAI’s to record. It sounds like it’ll get the job done just fine.

1 Like

It was the only thing that I could find for Android except the iRig HD-A which I am not sure they are still making and the android interface gets awful reviews. If nobody has used it, I will update this thread after I get to play to play with it (assuming I remember) just in case anyone searches the forum for it.

2 Likes

Yes, please do. We all like hearing about new gear.

1 Like

Just thought that I would follow up. Got my new toy this weekend. Didn’t have much time to play with it, but I will say that it could not have been easier to set up. I used it with BandLab on my IPad and it instantly recognized the device. After adjusting the gain (which is just a little dial and a red light) it seemed to record perfectly. I don’t know if the quality is what a professional needs, I couldn’t hear anything wrong with it. I have no experience with these types of devices so maybe they are all this simple, but it definitely did what I need. Looking forward to trying it on my android phone. Maybe I will post Billie Jean :wink:

-Russ

1 Like

@JoshFossgreen @Gio Can someone change the title of this thread to…

TC-Hellicon Go Guitar Pro - Any Users?

…to make it accurate to the topic for anyone searching in the future.

1 Like

@eric.kiser - I was able to update the title.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m looking forward to reading how it works out for you.

So far so good. Busy week, but when I get a moment I will post something it records just for people to hear it.

Is there a thread on what people are using for easy sharing/posting?