Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig v.2

I use VST plugins for recording, and so I don’t own any effects pedals. But if live gigs ever become an option again, I think that this gizmo would be my choice.

8 Likes

Looks like a very good buy. Pretty sick that it includes the SansAmp Bass Driver & VT Bass DI models. The price is just a little bit higher compared to the SansAmp preamps and you get a lot more features with the Fly Rig.

Seems they learned a lot from the v1. Nice found @sfadams!

3 Likes

Yeah. I’m not 100% convinced by the octave and fuzz section. But I guess it’s good enough for a dive bar type of gig (plus, for me, those effects would be a rarity to use anyhow).

Everything else though: the compressor, EQ, drive (x2), chorus, tuner seems very good quality and nice to have it in one solid state board.

4 Likes

That thing looks sick. even if you have a pedalboard, it is some thing simple to carry with you for playing outside the home, with friends, at practice, or even club gigs.

3 Likes

This thing looks really really good.

3 Likes

More examples here, FYI:

4 Likes

He has great taste in bass guitars, too . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Hell yeah, he is playing Beastie Boys, “Sabotage” to start the video.

2 Likes

Great song, even better video.

I actually considered this when I was thinking of selling off my pedals and pedal board, but it would be overkill for me, since I already have the Tech 21 VT Bass DI. It’s a great looking rig though.

4 Likes

He also has a gorgeous black and white Rickenbacker!

2 Likes

Gives you a good idea of how different styles use/require different sound settings and effects and which effects these are, more or less (re: our discussion in another thread).

That I can’t say with a straight face :wink: It’s a nice package, but they had a kid with crayons design this one :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Sorry @joergkutter, I meant that in a functional sense, not so much in a visual sense :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Haha, no need to apologize :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Either way is fine with me… as we all know, tastes are different anyways, and when that thing is on the floor in front of you, on a poorly lit stage, these colorful buttons are probably a really good thing to have :wink:

3 Likes

Its not a bad idea, if you really want the floor space, and something you can take to practice, a jam session or a gig.

Thing is it is Either / OR The SANSAMP (like the Wine Cellar you tested out, but the real pedal) OR the Tech 21 VT Bass like you have right now. Of course, you can turn it off for clean, but when you engage, you get either or, so best of both worlds, and that is over $400 of pedals to get a SansAmp and VT bass.

It has - Tuner / Octave / chorus / compressor / SansAmp OR the VT Bass It even has a FX loop so if you really wanted to get Reverb, Delay, other compression, etc… But that takes away from it being a single unit, so nice if you can live within it.

2 Likes

Just noticed this thread. I thought about getting one. Seemed like it had a lot of what I wanted, Sansamp, Drive, Tuner and Compression all in one. Something to note though, it has a mid control which is only available on the Bass driver V2. This also dramatically changes the sound. Also there is no blend knob like there is on the Sansamp. If you can live with all of that then this is a pretty good deal and sounds great. For me though, I’d go with a Bass driver deluxe as you can drive up the channel and also mix it with you dry signal so you don’t lose any bottom end.

1 Like