Thanks for 4 Years of Glorious Bass Forum-ing!

This is the only forum I’ve ever had any extended time in. Mostly Because other forums and social media can devolve so rapidly and horribly-it only takes a few of these to really get put off by it.

The magic of this forum is the people-I’ve never been more accepted, been taught more or been treated better than by the people here. I’m quite sure that this relates directly to the structure developed by @JoshFossgreen and @Gio . however, that being said it seems to also heavily rely on the kindness, consideration and willingness to teach shown by so many here.

This was either the greatest single forum plan ever put together, or an example of extremely lucky organic growth. Either way, I’m honored to be a part of it.

My 3 and 5 year old granddaughters really like bassbot, so his birthday is clearly my choice👍

11 Likes

Truly the coolest forum ever. Thanks Everyone!

9 Likes

I blame @JoshFossgreen, @Gio and the long time forum members that were here when I got here who set the stage for a great place. Folks like @PamPurrs et al (you know who you are, too many to name) set a tone that I think all of us continue to carry on.

10 Likes

I really like this idea, but I’m showing something different:

I have to say, April 1st as the official date for anything fills me with glee. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Haha! Totally understandable, but I see this:

Did you Photoshop? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

7 Likes

I absolutely did not in any way. I don’t have those skills and am in awe of those who can Photoshop.

I wonder if maybe it’s a time difference thing?

5 Likes

Maybe! I’m EST, so if Josh joined the forum at 10pm PST, it would have been 1am EST, the next day.

In which case, April 1st would win!

5 Likes

Happy belated birthday BassBuzz!
To celebrate, everyone gets a new bass courtesy of Bass Bot! :partying_face:

8 Likes

He was in a glitch in the Matrix when he joined.

6 Likes

The forum was in an indeterminate quantum state until he joined. Thus, it happened on both Apr 1 and Apr 2.

13 Likes

Per ardua ad astra Tim.

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.

4 Likes

Technically, it was in a superposition of states until someone made a measurement and the forum’s wave function “collapsed”. The fact that two independent observers did measure two different dates seriously throws a wrench into what we think we know about quantum mechanics - it seems the universe split and yet stayed connected… :scream:

:crazy_face:

8 Likes

I blame the Trousers of Time.

6 Likes

Just another proof that you can’t believe everything you read on the internet.

5 Likes

This is one of the best threads ever.

Like others before me, in addition to @JoshFossgreen I must give huge credit to @Gio for the tone and help he provides us. Two teachers! One forum! Just amazing.

Plus the banter between you two is a gift all in itself.

6 Likes

Given that April 1st is All Fools’ Day, should we not say April 2nd is the forum birthday “because we weren’t born yesterday”?

7 Likes

Hahaha thank you all for your amazing and scientifically significant contributions. Let’s say:

April 2nd 2023 will be the official 5th birthday for the forum (given that as @sfadams pointed out we were not born yesterday, sorry @JustTim :stuck_out_tongue: )

Oct 18th will henceforth be known as BassBot’s birthday, and we will shower him/it with nonsense and magic 8 ball questions.

I guess we should be celebrating Noob Josh’s birthday too? Although like Maggie Simpson and the little girl in A Beautiful Mind, he may never age… Technically his first appearance ever was this sorta “beta” version in the Idiot Proof Chords video, before he acquired his signature outfit. That vid came out… Nov 29 2019, shucks we just missed it, sorry Noob Josh! There’s always next year. :nerd_face:

13 Likes

That’s OK, @JoshFossgreen, Noob Josh is too busy shedding to notice. He’s got blisters on his fingers!

5 Likes

Well, hot damn.
I think you all are absolutely wonderful.
Thanks for being such delightful forum folks.
Happybirthdaversary to one and all!!

13 Likes

No problem! April 2 is really just April 1++ anyway, so it’s all good with me.

Sorry, sometimes programmer humor slips in.

12 Likes