Thanks for 4 Years of Glorious Bass Forum-ing!

Hey BB fam! Just realized I kinda missed the actual anniversary but… this forum has been alive for about 4 years now!

As you can see from the active users on each thread, it was about 50% just me and Gio at first lol:

I really just wanted to start this thread to thank all of you for being part of this community. I’ve never been part of a forum community as an adult (I was all over the Alleria RPG board at age 14 though lol, anyone else?), because they’re often simmering with overly strong opinions, snarkiness, and hostility…

So I never stop being blown away how NOT like that this forum feels, and I really appreciate every one of you for making it the way that it is. I love how you all show up for each other not just with bass support, but when people have hard things come up in their real lives.

You’re all model humans and I’m grateful to be a part of this crew!

Oh and since the actual ‘start date’ of the forum is a little blurry, I think we all need to decide on an official anniversary. How’sabout we all throw out arbitrary dates with passionate sales pitches, and then I can start a poll thread?

I’ll pitch October 18, because as it’s the date the scales video launched, it’s technically BassBot’s birthday. :robot:

47 Likes

Thanks for creating a great place for all of us to bond over our love of music and bass guitars! You’re an excellent teacher and we really appreciate all the videos you put up on YouTube for us. That takes a lot of work and expense.

15 Likes

Best place on the interweb is what you got here @JoshFossgreen.
No question at all on that one.

I think it mostly has to do with the vibe you give off and the type of people attracted to your course … badasses.

Congrats on 4 years!

14 Likes

:100: Absolutely. @ronnielyons.

This is the House that @JoshFossgreen Built.

Here’s to you, Josh and Gio! :beers:

12 Likes

@JoshFossgreen , you know we all love you and think the world of you. You are our sensei in all things bass.

11 Likes

In your profile @JoshFossgreen it says you joined on April 2, which says it all to me - THAT’S the official anniversary because YOU.

(And not at all because my birthday is a couple days later. honest.)

10 Likes

Congratulations and thank you for such a great forum. This is the only social media site that I subscribe to because of all the really great people here and the wealth of knowledge that the community brings to the table.

13 Likes

Amen, Jerry. Me, too.

There are a lot of great people here. Many friends around the world I woulda never met.

9 Likes

Congrats @JoshFossgreen - this is a community that you built. It’s really the only forum I visit, and certainly the only one I visit on a (mostly) daily basis… Congrats to you and @Gio… It’s a great place. And I like @kristine 's idea - April 2nd, if that’s the day you first logged in…

11 Likes

Congrats @JoshFossgreen. This is a great bunch of guys and one of the best bass specific community around. I’m honored to be a part of this community.

10 Likes

This is indeed the best forum on the internet. It’s why we all stay here for off-topic stuff too :slight_smile:

I’m with @kristine, April 2nd sounds pretty official to me.

10 Likes

Congratulations Josh!

I’m all for having a birthday thread for BassBot but, for BassBuzz, that’s all you.

12 Likes

Just chiming in to agree that this forum is a great and supportive place, and that’s because @JoshFossgreen and @Gio set the tone to make it that way. Josh’s warm and supportive spirit shine through in all his videos and the whole B2B course, and Gio’s posts here keep that spirit going. Thanks! And thanks to everyone for your contributions to keep it that way.

13 Likes

Congratulations Josh @JoshFossgreen ,
For me it’s just a great group of people who are inspired by our leader who is funny, wants to help and guide us all to be the best we can be, and has provided a platform for us to connect with likeminded people in every corner of the world.
Everyone encourages everyone to improve and be better bad asses, thanks for building a great community, that I love being a part of,
Cheers Brian

10 Likes

I just had my 4-year bassiversary on Dec 1 (i.e., 4 years since I got my first bass ever), and I joined BassBuzz a few days after that purchase. I don’t remember who was around or what was going on, but the forum had certainly already existed for a few month before Dec 1, 2018.

So, yes, @JoshFossgreen’s first log-in should be considered the start date! (We can still commemorate BassBot’s birthday with a drop of oil or two on Oct 18 :wink:)

PS: oh, and about this place - absolutely one of the very best forums for anything bass (and the great people in here), and I can’t seem to let go of it :joy: Thx!!

10 Likes

yeah, seems fine to me. but Bassbot’s anniversary would work too.

7 Likes

A user called @adminforum “joined” on Feb 14th, 2018, and a certain @Chris followed on Feb 26th. This proves that the forum already existed well before @JoshFossgreen joined. Obviously, before that, the forum was without form and void… So, as far as I’m concerned, Apr 2nd is the real birth date of the forum.

12 Likes

Using the search function, I could find only one thread that was created before Josh joined. It was started by @lee_editorial, and it is most likely the very first thread created on this forum:

In a linked thread, @lee_editorial commented that they were the first one to post on the forums:

This concludes our history lesson for today :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Ah, yeah, I remember Chris (had a cat avatar) - I think he is/was like a sys admin as well…

7 Likes

That would appear to be correct. I found them on the About page :wink:

8 Likes