The Friendliest Forum

Sorry to hear about your accident @wellbi ! Get well soon!

4 Likes

that’s interesting ! I was not aware the forum could be that important. I myself discovered the forum after I purchased the course, and at the time I was thinking it would be a “normal” (= not very fun) forum. luckily, I was wrong.

11 Likes

Me too. I pretty much did the course before I even looked at the forum. My bad, I missed out on some great advice from some great people.

8 Likes

Yeah, that. Above all, this is a forum to share knowledge and help one another, it’s not a forum to show off chops and to boast how good you are.

I’m with Regina. The forum also did it for me!

8 Likes

Wow!!! When you “slap da’ bass”, you weren’t kidding!!! (Sorry……I try to always be silly so to deal with things that are so serious.)
Thank goodness it wasn’t worse!!!……albeit bad enough!
I wish you a speedy recovery!!!
Keep us updated on your road to recovery.

5 Likes

@Regina

Strangely enough I had the honor of making the first post on this forum.

When I first started the course, one of the things that jumped out to me was the comment section below the lessons. It was great to see others responses, struggles, tips, etc- but it just left me wanting more.

I’m also on talkbass, and it’s a great site, but like earlier posters have said, you often have to be really careful how you ask or comment on something since you can quickly get put in your place by oldtimers! (And sometimes things get snippy)

I had been in contact with Josh a few months prior regarding some marketing stuff and had suggested the idea of having a forum. Of course, his team was already working on a forum, but it was still in development- so I get no credit, haha!

However, from that previous contact, at some point I received an email link when the forum was partially up. (Although I didn’t realize it was still in beta at the time) So I posted: “Hello Fellow Bassbuzzers” along with my info and photo of my bass and amp. Don’t think it was actually supposed to post- but it did, and eventually it went live a few weeks later. The forum has far exceeded what I thought it might ever become. It has become a wonderful, supportive community that helps
one another, solves problems, answers questions, motivates and inspires!

17 Likes

And don’t forget eggs, cajoles and urges members on when they’re GASsing :smiley:

11 Likes

I love knowing what the first post was here.
So cool!

6 Likes

Hey @Regina! We started up the forum a year or two after we launched B2B. And to be clear to anyone reading, it’s not just for B2B students, but if you haven’t taken the course you’ll probably get peer pressured. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Not us :rofl:

7 Likes

I also check out TalkBass from time to time. But it was always like, who had the biggest, bestest, most expensive guitar, amp, effects, etc… Here, I feel much more at home. I am on Module 2 Lesson 1 and while the first lessons appeared super easy, they provided me with some much needed humility. Timing, timing, timing and getting the right notes on the right beats. I re-did the first Module just to get it under my fingers. Now I am going to re-do the 8th note lessons tonight to make sure they are under my fingers. But, I am in no hurry and these guys will help me every step of the way if needed. Plus, Josh chimes in with some tips or information from time to time. It is definitely a great forum to spend time each day.

7 Likes

Talkbass, for me, is for classified ads (there is some really good gear there) and asking very specific questions about oddball basses that others have there.

B2B is for learning, fun, learning, making (virtual) friends, learning and oh….finding out what other gear you need/want that you didn’t know you needed/wanted yesterday.

10 Likes

Who knew I needed a MIDI controller? All that money sitting wasting away in my account and yet you guys helped me get rid of some of it. It’s a valuable service that’s provided here!

9 Likes

Same here, I thought I needed a piano keyboard, but it turned out I needed a MIDI controller that pretends to be a piano keyboard, plus has the ability to pretend it’s trumpet, saxaphone, clarinet, tuba… you name it.
Who knew I needed those huge studio monitors? This forum let me know that I do.
It goes on and on. This a very friendly place to find out how to dispose of that evil money that’s sitting in the bank.

7 Likes

I used to have a bumper sticker that read ‘THIS IS HOW I’M SPENDING MY KID’S INHERITANCE’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

What if you have got Alfa Romeo with Ferraris engine block? :rofl:

4 Likes

Then you probably have a tow truck too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ouch :rofl:

I drive an Alfa and love it to pieces :smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, they are great, I’m just kidding :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Crap, I see this opinion is worldwide not just local :rofl:

Tbh I never towed mine when I had it. It never left me stranded, but however I like my toys to be in perfect shape no matter the cost.

6 Likes