Thanks for 4 Years of Glorious Bass Forum-ing!

Just chiming in to agree that this forum is a great and supportive place, and that’s because @JoshFossgreen and @Gio set the tone to make it that way. Josh’s warm and supportive spirit shine through in all his videos and the whole B2B course, and Gio’s posts here keep that spirit going. Thanks! And thanks to everyone for your contributions to keep it that way.

13 Likes

Congratulations Josh @JoshFossgreen ,
For me it’s just a great group of people who are inspired by our leader who is funny, wants to help and guide us all to be the best we can be, and has provided a platform for us to connect with likeminded people in every corner of the world.
Everyone encourages everyone to improve and be better bad asses, thanks for building a great community, that I love being a part of,
Cheers Brian

10 Likes

I just had my 4-year bassiversary on Dec 1 (i.e., 4 years since I got my first bass ever), and I joined BassBuzz a few days after that purchase. I don’t remember who was around or what was going on, but the forum had certainly already existed for a few month before Dec 1, 2018.

So, yes, @JoshFossgreen’s first log-in should be considered the start date! (We can still commemorate BassBot’s birthday with a drop of oil or two on Oct 18 :wink:)

PS: oh, and about this place - absolutely one of the very best forums for anything bass (and the great people in here), and I can’t seem to let go of it :joy: Thx!!

10 Likes

yeah, seems fine to me. but Bassbot’s anniversary would work too.

7 Likes

A user called @adminforum “joined” on Feb 14th, 2018, and a certain @Chris followed on Feb 26th. This proves that the forum already existed well before @JoshFossgreen joined. Obviously, before that, the forum was without form and void… So, as far as I’m concerned, Apr 2nd is the real birth date of the forum.

12 Likes

Using the search function, I could find only one thread that was created before Josh joined. It was started by @lee_editorial, and it is most likely the very first thread created on this forum:

In a linked thread, @lee_editorial commented that they were the first one to post on the forums:

This concludes our history lesson for today :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Ah, yeah, I remember Chris (had a cat avatar) - I think he is/was like a sys admin as well…

7 Likes

That would appear to be correct. I found them on the About page :wink:

8 Likes

This is the only forum I’ve ever had any extended time in. Mostly Because other forums and social media can devolve so rapidly and horribly-it only takes a few of these to really get put off by it.

The magic of this forum is the people-I’ve never been more accepted, been taught more or been treated better than by the people here. I’m quite sure that this relates directly to the structure developed by @JoshFossgreen and @Gio . however, that being said it seems to also heavily rely on the kindness, consideration and willingness to teach shown by so many here.

This was either the greatest single forum plan ever put together, or an example of extremely lucky organic growth. Either way, I’m honored to be a part of it.

My 3 and 5 year old granddaughters really like bassbot, so his birthday is clearly my choice👍

11 Likes

Truly the coolest forum ever. Thanks Everyone!

9 Likes

I blame @JoshFossgreen, @Gio and the long time forum members that were here when I got here who set the stage for a great place. Folks like @PamPurrs et al (you know who you are, too many to name) set a tone that I think all of us continue to carry on.

10 Likes

I really like this idea, but I’m showing something different:

I have to say, April 1st as the official date for anything fills me with glee. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Haha! Totally understandable, but I see this:

Did you Photoshop? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

7 Likes

I absolutely did not in any way. I don’t have those skills and am in awe of those who can Photoshop.

I wonder if maybe it’s a time difference thing?

5 Likes

Maybe! I’m EST, so if Josh joined the forum at 10pm PST, it would have been 1am EST, the next day.

In which case, April 1st would win!

5 Likes

Happy belated birthday BassBuzz!
To celebrate, everyone gets a new bass courtesy of Bass Bot! :partying_face:

8 Likes

He was in a glitch in the Matrix when he joined.

6 Likes

The forum was in an indeterminate quantum state until he joined. Thus, it happened on both Apr 1 and Apr 2.

13 Likes

Per ardua ad astra Tim.

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.

4 Likes

Technically, it was in a superposition of states until someone made a measurement and the forum’s wave function “collapsed”. The fact that two independent observers did measure two different dates seriously throws a wrench into what we think we know about quantum mechanics - it seems the universe split and yet stayed connected… :scream:

:crazy_face:

8 Likes