The Friendliest Forum

Is it just me or is this the friendliest forum on the internet?

I belong to a few different forums and have to say that, with a few exceptions, the people that populate this forum are among the greatest, and the advice given is first rate and can be trusted, a lot more so than the average TAB you find on the internet. :wink:

I think the Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022) topic is one of the main reasons. I have never seen such enthusiasm, and encouragement shown to new players.

I personally am still waiting for Joshā€™s Intermediate course but have more or less given up on that materializing anytime soon, but, for beginners that may have never played a musical instrument before I do not think there is a better, or even equal, resource out there.

And the B2B course is the perfect extension to the forum. No muss, no fuss, no risk and a great teacher.
What more could you ask for. :slightly_smiling_face:

So for beginners reading this, either just starting their musical journey, or old farts, like me, that have just picked up the Bass as a new instrument in the last year, I just want you to know that you can play the Bass if you really want to and with time, and a lot of practice, you will reach your goal(s), no matter how unattainable you may think they are at this point in your journey. :+1: :+1: :+1:

26 Likes

Yeah, somehow @JoshFossgreen and @Gio have managed to cultivate a really great place for discussion here, so much so that many of us are still here years after finishing the course.

18 Likes

No doubt, I felt incredibly welcomed around here right away.

8 Likes

Iā€™m also on Talk bass but spend most of my time here. No gear snobs and lots of encouragement

11 Likes

ā€œTalk assā€ is perfect :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Sorry, fixed it

8 Likes

No seriously it was the perfect description

14 Likes

+1
@howard Youā€™re a hoot :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Yes! Yes it is!

10 Likes

I totally agree with this!
My assumption is that it also has to do with a certain level of maturity of the people on here. People who still know about common courtesy and who donā€™t feel the need to put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

Iā€™d say that you guys, who have been here for so long, are the ones who mainly cultivate this place as the friendliest forum ever. It is really important to have quite a large base of people who set the tone. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Hello gang. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. ā€¦ Broken both forearm bones, dislocated shoulder and cracked my elbow. My bass journey got full stop for at least a year :frowning:

12 Likes

Oh, @wellbi Iā€™m so sorry to hear that. Were you involved in a car wreck?

Heal up quickly and get back on the bass! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Ow man! Speedy recovery! :mechanical_arm:

6 Likes

Oh no! Sounds awful. Hope youā€™re ok.

6 Likes

Hi Pam, thanks. No, we were moving a new machines to the workshop of friend of mine and brand new crane simply snapped in a weld and I got ā€œslappedā€ by 8000 pounds hydraulic press flying by. ā€¦ overall it was a good outcome ā€¦ it couldā€™ve been much, much worse

9 Likes

That sounds terrifying, hope youā€™re doing ok. I fell off a ladder and it took me some time to get over both the mental and physical trauma. But like you say, itā€™s good to focus on the fact that it could have been a lot worse. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

5 Likes

Iā€™m on a saxophone forum full of very ā€œmatureā€ folks (mostly older life long players), and they are just awful/negative/know it alls.

I think besides our age we are all basically beginners wanting to learn and help other beginners learn. The sax forum is full of 10,20,30,40 year veteran players. They are more interested in showing one is smarter than the other than helping someone with a question. They are jaded, much like talkbass. We are more interested in helping each other in the stage we are at I think.

14 Likes

Ugh! Glad you survived this freak accident, thoughā€¦ :astonished: :slightly_smiling_face:

Time to hone up on that theory!! :grin:

5 Likes

Few inches difference and I would be literal mincemeat. ā€¦ Tbh. I can handle an injury, but it really freaked me out mentally ā€¦ it wasnā€™t some kind of guerilla moving action, weā€™re are not overprotective, but overall the group of people there tries to keep all limbs and abilities for the future ā€¦ and everything is brand new there from good machinery brandsā€¦ but no matter how hard you try thereā€™s always a way ā€¦

6 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes things just happen, no matter how careful you are. I feel like I had a mild bit of PTSD from my accident and took me a couple months to stop reliving it - I think thatā€™s a normal part of getting over a major incident. Good to hear youā€™re on the mend and have a positive attitude.

6 Likes