The Friendliest Forum

Sorry about your accident but so glad you are alive.
I lead our safety team at work.
I have seen some really bad things over the course of 30 years, and the effect accidents have on people’s lives. A lot of folks can’t stand me at work because I am ‘the safety guy’ who keeps nagging them. I would rather they hate me, means they are still alive. :cry:

8 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, glad to see you after a while, but excuse me for now … one hand typing is really hard … thanks for all the good wishes, keep rolling, stay safe and I will stop by in a few again, bye gang

11 Likes

I don’t know what the magic is in this forum, but it seems to be working. It can’t be age or maturity, because there’s too much of an age range here. It’s not other demographics either, for the same reason.
In the 2 + years I’ve been here, I have only blocked one person (he’s still blocked), after he hurled one too many insults at me (and other people) in the Post your Covers thread, where we are supposed to be offering constructive feedback. All in all, you are a nice lot, and some of you I would even like to know personally.

10 Likes

That’s a good observation, John @John_E . . . :+1:

Cheers
Joe

9 Likes

Your assumption seems quite valid to me, @Regina . . . :slight_smile:

I’ve had my fill of conflict, bullying, insults and putdowns.

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

This!

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your accident.

My son works in a plant that manufactures very large, and heavy, concrete pipes, like ones used in subway tunnels. I hear stories like this from him several times a year. At his work most of the accidents result in death and are usually a case of human error ie people just not following prescribed safety guidelines. Equipment failure accidents are another issue and hard to avoid.

I hope your recovery is swift and you do not abandon the Bass.

3 Likes

There are a lot of teachers like that in the music industry and why Josh’s and the B2B approach is so successful IMHO.

5 Likes

Blockquote The sax forum is full of 10,20,30,40 year veteran players. They are more interested in showing one is smarter than the other than helping someone with a question. They are jaded, much like talkbass. We are more interested in helping each other in the stage we are at I think.

Blockquote

I have noticed the same thing on various reddit music subs. Try asking a basic theory question and you get a bunch of PHDs arguing with each other over some nuance that I don’t even understand.

5 Likes

and then the grammar police quickly follow…

5 Likes

None of that here! But just remember, it’s “Squier”, not “Squire” :rofl:

10 Likes

Or a bunch of keyboard Zen 45th mystic degree black belts pretending to know what they’re talking about, all the while with wikipedia opened in a second window.

What I like about this forum is that most people here will state with certainty what they know, and will honestly admit when they don’t… with perhaps a pointer to a resource or a more experienced forum member. All the while this is done in good spirits and with courtesy, albeit sometimes with some ribald and funny humour. Exactly how it should be done.

5 Likes

Disclaimer - Anything I know is highly subject to my own reality which is at best suspect and at worst illegal.

9 Likes

Yeah absolutely no one should take my advice, I have some life choice aftermath as proof

8 Likes

Yes, the sky is plaid in my world as well, so YMMV.

What I meant was that whatever is posted on the B2B forum seems to be a matter of at least some lived experience or observation, not just regurgitation of a wikipedia page. I have not yet put a foot wrong using the advice from people here.

Also, nobody here has claimed to be an expert, which is always a good sign. “Know Thyself” said the sign over the philosphers’ school in Athens.

5 Likes

yeah and by the way :

• if you own a Squier, say it’s a Squier, not a Fender
  • if you own a Sterling, say it’s a Sterling, not a MusicMan
  • if you own a LTD, say it’s a LTD, not an ESP
  • if you own an Epiphone, say it’s an Epiphone, not a Gibson
  • … if you own a Fiat, say it’s a Fiat, not a Ferrari …

it’s just calling a spade a spade

:v::sweat_smile:

11 Likes

This is definitely one of the friendliest forum hangouts I’ve seen. It’s a good place. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We have NONE of that here… well, except it’s “Tab” not “Tabs”.
Oooooops

5 Likes

Sad to hear @wellbi ,
Hope your on the mend and in the down time catching up on your theory retention.
Hope your back on your bass asap,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have some duplicates because I’m really bad at keeping tabs on my tab.

6 Likes