Thanks Josh and forum people!

I joined this site about a year and 1/2 ago and been a lurker with only a few posts. I want to thank all you guys for your posts I have learned a lot! @Pampurrs I hope you’re doing well!

I played 6 string guitar back from about 1984 to 1992 then quit playing anything until about the time I joined this site! Switching over to the bass and also switching to my natural left hand!

The lessons and this forum was invaluable to get me on track and learning the bass!

Well on March 4th - we had our first show in 30+ years
I recognize my music is not for all but it sure was fun getting back in action!

32 Likes

Congrats, man! That’s fantastic. Rock on!

2 Likes

Congrats! What kind of music?

1 Like

Thrash Metal!

The old bassist recorded this before he had to retire (getting old sucks) but it is a song I wrote when I played guitar with the band in 1988

(41) Chemical Annihilation ~ Contamination (Official Music Video) - YouTube

5 Likes

I will check it out when I get home. I’m like you, an old fart that likes the hard heavy music. I’m about to see if I can put together an extreme doom metal band.

2 Likes

Pretty damned good! The guitar playing is abrasive and in your face. The old bassist was good as well. Altogether, my type of music (guilty secret pleasure) Very early thrash metal type vibe going on. I like it…

2 Likes

What a killer song! Really great stuff! :metal:

2 Likes

I’m digging it, definitely has some early thrash vibes!

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

That was really good

2 Likes

I can’t listen to it at work (will when I get home) but your pic gives off Angry Angerson vibes :+1:

2 Likes

I dug that song. It has kind of a Megadeth, Exodus and Overkill sound to it musically. You got anymore?

1 Like

Ya the album is up on the all the streamers!
Thanks for checking it out.
Most of the songs written back in 88-89 then 3 newer ones written since the band reformed.

Spotify – Chemical Annihilation

1 Like