That funky groove

Josh, could you please tell me how to play that groove you are playing in the video on YouTube “Beginner Funk Bass Made Simple”, the one that you start playing initially. If you could throw in one of those funky runs you did as well I would greatly appreciate it. I tried to figure it out myself but my beginner skill set won’t allow me to follow along and capture every note you are playing. It sounds like you are using ghost notes but I am having problems playing what you played. So I figured I will just go to the source. That groove is funky as hell! Thank you sir! P.S. If you are able I would appreciate tabs as my music reading abilities aren’t that advanced yet.

4 Likes

This request is not limited to Josh, if any of our advanced bassist in this group can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!!!

1 Like

Hi @hogank.
If you want to get Josh’s (or any members) attention, you need to use the @ before their username. That way they get a notification. Like this… @JoshFossgreen.

Also, if you can share the time in the video where the piece starts, that would help others to find exactly what part you’re referring to.

1 Like

Hey @hogank! Those runs are all improvised, I don’t have any tabs or anything for them. It would be a looooong conversation about how I came up with them, all the scales I was thinking about, etc. etc. That’s why I talk about the Funk Box later in the vid, to give you a simpler starting point.

Sorry I don’t have more juicy details!

1 Like

Oh okay, thank you, going forward that is what I will do to get other members attention.

1 Like