THAT SONG IS AGAINST THE RULES!

Ok…that changes my mind…it SHOULD NOT be a rule to play that one! :rofl:

1 Like

Probably anything that you keep repeating incessantly, such as, e.g., The Lick :joy:

2 Likes

This is one of my practice songs so I thought what’s wrong with it, then I realised you’re probably not talking about Def Leppard!

5 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Nope, I meant the Muse song, which is basically Billie Jean for intermediate level bassists :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8

4 Likes

Hats off to anyone who can keep that up for a 30 minute bass audition! :grimacing:

4 Likes

At one point I could hold up at full speed for about two or three repetitions before it all went sideways. These days I haven’t practiced it in like a year or so, so it would be much worse.

The fretting is actually not hard but that’s one hell of a chug.

3 Likes

That is me with Billie Jean at the normal tempo. If Josh would have made us go one more rep in the lesson, I wouldn’t have been able to make the switch from the G string back to the D. :joy:

1 Like

(I can’t believe no one posted this already)

7 Likes

12 Likes

Lol! Click on the photo I uploaded to see how I named it!

3 Likes

OMG that is great! I feel like this needs to be a sticker and affixed to my bass amp. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, it would make a great sticker for a hardshell bass case. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Best music store in my area is a little country store that sells guitars, guns, and groceries (everything one needs to get by in life) and they to my knowledge have no restrictions. As a joke my brother once tried Stairway and the guitar shop guy just shook his head and laughed.

There is a Guitar Center not far away, may have to sneak a few forbidden songs in. For funsies.

3 Likes

As imperial march was mentioned, this clip here always lives rent free in my head. Maybe time to pick up another instrument. :thinking:

4 Likes