The Achilles heel of my amp (FIXED)

A tiny piece of plastic takes down the whole thing. I guess I’ll call Ampeg customer service on Monday and see what happens.

5 Likes

I hear gigging guys talk about bringing a back up bass. I have a “back-up amp” in the Sweetwater “saved cart” for fear of one day gigging and a mishap with my tube amp. I didn’t have power button in the calculation.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wish it was just an easy swap. And I don’t even take it anywhere. It just sits in my office.

2 Likes

Just cram a fork in there.
It should power it, and you, no problem. :face_with_spiral_eyes::dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Happened to my computer case, too. I glued a valve cap on the switch and put some tape over it to cover it. The case, of course, was out of warranty.

I hope your warranty helps. If not, try looking for a rocker switch (cover). Most of the time, they just pull out or you can lever up some tabs behind it.

Yours looks like metal, so I would open up the case, or have someone do it to replace the switch.

Hope this helps!
Antonio

2 Likes

Fixed.

I drilled out holes where the ball joint(?) broke and super glued a couple bristles from a brush into the holes. Let it cure over night then clipped off the ends and got it back in place.

8 Likes

2988605C-3430-4857-9A22-DAA6AD8F3B5D

10 Likes

haha

3 Likes

You know I got nothin’ but love for you brother (but hatin’ myself for being too lazy to correct the underscore). Good job

3 Likes

I love that scene so much :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s some real DIY there, respect :smile:

1 Like