The Adventure Has Begun!

Well, there’s no turning back now. I officially signed up last night to become a Badass by next March when I turn 68.

I’ll be picking up a Yamaha TRBX504 later today, and will spend the remainder of the day attempting to reassure my wife that I won’t bring the roof down around her. I actually ordered headphones yesterday and will use a Vox plug for the time being. Wish me luck, haha

26 Likes

Welcome to the club! Enjoy the journey!

5 Likes

Welcome to B2B. I look forward to the day you are annointed as a Bad Ass.

6 Likes

Best of luck on your journey to badassery!

6 Likes

Welcome to the course!

5 Likes

Enjoy the course @Hoopscoach

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Hoopscoach,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome aboard. You won’t regret it. :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome, and godspeed on your journey! It’s a fun one.

3 Likes

Update - My headphones and Vox Bass plug arrived. After a brief test, I think that they will do the trick, but since I’m a noobie, I slowly realized that the sound is probably different than if I was plugged in to a regular amp. I’ll be taking my guitar to the local shop for a setup and then the lessons will begin in earnest

On a side note, my wife has come around to the fact that I’m hoping to become a Badass. When she brought up the fact that she was concerned that B2B would take away from “our” time I suggested that she could take up the drums, haha

Stay tuned for the next edition.

6 Likes

Hoop,
Welcome aboard!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When she brought up the fact that she was concerned that B2B would take away from “our” time I suggested that she could take up the drums, haha

:joy: my S.O. had similar concerns, so I recently bought a microphone because she likes to sing. Still a few pieces short of a full band but we’ve had some fun recording a couple of old Motown tunes. And after a few months of seeing my progress on bass she wants to take up piano/keys, so we’ll see how that goes. The music bug can be highly contagious haha.

7 Likes

Welcome! I recently became a bass badass at 60. Okay, not a true badass, but I’m playing every day, getting noticably better, and, best of all, having fun during a global pandemic.

Enjoy the course and the camaraderie.

7 Likes

…just had to say I love your avatar. Thanks for that.

7 Likes

Welcome to the party…!

6 Likes

I just started also. My new wife had the same concern. I committed to NOT spending all my spare time on bass. Hopefully I can make it work. She knows I get OCD about certain things and is afraid I’ll forget to spend quality time with her.

6 Likes

Buy her a drum set!

6 Likes