The "BASSBUZZ LOUNGE"

I’ve rarely ever NOT had a dog as a companion. Dogs seem to be the only people who fully understand me. Plus, I like anyone who doesn’t talk a lot. My current spouse is deaf, so it’s a perfect combination.

6 Likes

Yes, I know what you mean, @PamPurrs :slight_smile: My dog “Bailly” was a Lab/Beagle mix and she was my constant companion . . . I really miss her. I keep thinking about getting another dog, but I just don’t think I could handle any more losses.

5 Likes

I know what you mean… :cry: I’ve had to bury many dogs in my lifetime. But I know I will be with them again when I visit doggie heaven. Every time I let a new dog enter my life, I visualize them as a composite reincarnation of all my previous dogs, and love them all the more.

6 Likes

Losing your dog is gut-wrenching, even when you know it’s coming and can prepare. But even though they are super expensive to buy and keep here, I think we’ll always have one.

5 Likes

We are only on our first dog… but, we are already dreading the day when we have to say good-bye to her… it is, indeed, going to be gut-wrenching!

But, hopefully, this is another 7, 8, 9 years out… until then, she is just a joy (mostly, anyway :grin:)
IMG_2888

5 Likes

Very sweet little dog, @joergkutter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Is she a terrier? Love terriers. Ours is a Yorkie.

4 Likes

She is a Bichon Havanais, but we keep her fairly short-cut… most bichons have long hair, such that you can hardly see their faces!

Yorkies are cute, too!

(haha, you’d’ve thunk BassBuzz would turn into a dog forum :dog:)!!

3 Likes

My little buddy Griffin… My wife got him for me back in the spring of 2013 after I retired in 2012. She said that since I was a supervisor and manager, that I needed someone to boss around and be responsible for so that I wouldn’t get into trouble (I like trouble)…

Now that we’re both retired, Griff knows how to play both ends to the middle… He’s a “Shishon”… or a “Teddy Bear” dog. A mix between a Shitzu and a Bishon.

Although he’s a real PITA at times (he’s spoiled as hell), he’s always at my side doing whatever I’m doing. He also loves hanging out in my music room listening to me play music…

3 Likes

Yeah, I had spotted him before in one of your profile pics.

Our dog also often comes and lies down on her rug close to me when I am playing bass… Something about these soothing low frequencies, I guess :smile:

3 Likes

Very cute, @Lanny . . . Gotta love his chew toy, too! . . . looks like a rhinoceros?

Bailly always loved her “bone” and she carried it around all the time :wink:

2 Likes

Griff loves all his toys (and he’s got a ton!). Yes, that would be “Purple Rino”.

When I got him as a pup, everyone said that dogs are color blind… What I did with Griff was to name his toys as colors… It always amazes people when they stop by and I tell Griff to get “Orange Monkey”, or “Blue Fish” and he gets them. Hell, he don’t know colors - all he knows is the command - but it really impresses the hell out of people, and I just hang in there building the “bullshit fire” for as long as I can…

Doesn’t take much to amuse me - a little dog,… and a load of simple bullshit…

3 Likes

Since we’re showing off our dogs, here’s my Bichon Frise, Lucy…

6 Likes

She’s adorable, @PamPurrs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her!! Damn @PamPurrs…!!!

Gottal love that Bishon bloodline.

3 Likes

Very cute!

3 Likes

@Jazzbass19 are all these doggie photos making you jones for another “Man’s Best Friend”?

3 Likes

Yes, I suppose so, @PamPurrs :slight_smile: lol

We’ll have to see . . . maybe later on after everything clears up a bit :wink:

3 Likes

So this is kind of a mess… I’m watching a lot of vids of some amazing bass players, especially slap. The work these guys do is incredible.

But I’m feeling like there’s something wrong… And I watch Josh’s vid on the 5 myths about bass… And he hits it. If you grabbed a guitar and started playing a traditional bass line, we might say you’re doing good work, but you’re using the wrong tool for the task.

Similarly, this incredible bass work would be more suited to being played on a guitar, rather than on a bass. Bass is fundamentally about rhythm (though I gotta say a 6-string duet would be pretty freaking lit). They’re playing a bass, but they’re not playing bass.

It kinda hit home for me when I was thinking about rock & roll and listening to Derek and the Dominos.

Alan Freed was pretty explicit when he named this new music “rock & roll”, that it’s a euphemism for sex. That plays out in different ways.

How many groups do you listen to where the guitarist has the gain and volume all the way up an you can’t hear anyone else. It’s just plain selfish.

Now go listen to Derek and the Dominos. You can always clearly hear (Carl) bass, (Jim) drums, (Bobby) keyboard, along with Eric, and the way they feed each other and play off each other.

Just like in life, you have to be a generous lover for music to work right.

(None of this should be taken as me claiming to have The One True Way. Music progresses, and these bass players are living legends)

We have three boxers and a Jack Russel
@Jazzbass19

4 Likes